CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

neurological issues

Old 11-17-2021, 08:56 PM   #1
the_viewfromhere
neurological issues

Hello,

I have an older normal corn roughly 10 to 15 years old that has suddenly with in the last few months developed neurological issues. Around 4 or so months ago he started having issues with corkscrewing and maintaining an orientation. Slowly he has stopped eating and I am considering euthanizing him at this point as I dont know what else to do. In terms of husbandry his temps or normal, with a cool side of high 60s and a hot spot of roughly 85, and dont know hat could have caused it except either it just being a natural health issue or if something was wrong with his most recent aspen bedding . Has anyone else ever had similar issues?

Old 11-17-2021, 10:25 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that. Do you have his heat on a thermostat? Does he have access to any resinous woods? Do you use any essential oils, or have you had pest control spray inside your house? Have you taken him to a vet at all to assess what's going on?

Old 11-17-2021, 10:40 PM   #3
the_viewfromhere
Yea he has a thermostat. No pine or cedar and i dont use oils. I havnt seen the vet because at first he was still eating and then after a quick bout of refusing meals I was able to assist feed him, but I am calling the vet tomorrow to see if they can help or just to put him down. I dont think its a virus or any sort of bacteria as my Ball Python has shown no similar symptoms I dont know if it was maybe a stroke or some sort of clot that lead to brain damage but I am real demoralized by the whole thing.

Old 11-18-2021, 09:48 AM   #4
hypnoctopus
I'm sorry, that really sucks. Hopefully the vet can give you some more input.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google