CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

How are GOLDENS "any" different than Caramels?

Old 06-25-2020, 07:34 PM   #41
scmartin27
Travis Whisler produced a clutch of Goldens & ph Goldens from a normal het golden and a normal het caramel golden!! Looks like the project is finally off the ground!

Old 06-30-2020, 07:07 PM   #42
ecreipeoj
Quote:
Originally Posted by scmartin27 View Post
Travis Whisler produced a clutch of Goldens & ph Goldens from a normal het golden and a normal het caramel golden!! Looks like the project is finally off the ground!
Amen!

Thank God, I am off the hook. I would have hated to be the last one to loose a Golden.

I still have the Golden Gene, nice and snug here. It will be nice to see a few in Others Collections.

Old 03-26-2021, 01:54 PM   #43
scmartin27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecreipeoj View Post
Amen!

Thank God, I am off the hook. I would have hated to be the last one to loose a Golden.

I still have the Golden Gene, nice and snug here. It will be nice to see a few in Others Collections.
What babies came from those two, Joe? Any visuals? I'm just trying to keep things as updated as possible!

My pair bred and the female is in her pre-lay blue right now. Last season they threw all normals and just one motley, so this season I hope I get better odds! The season before that they produced caramels, caramel motleys, normals, motley, and 3 that I'm almost certain were golden.

I'm attaching photos of the Goldens from TWR (again, just for record purposes) - None of the photos are mine, all belong to TWR.

Old 05-10-2023, 06:46 PM   #44
ecreipeoj
Golden Prospects in 2023

I have several Project Lines with Golden in the mix that I will be attempting to breed this year.

I have raised 3.2 Landrace het Lava Goldens, 2020, up to breeding size, and everything will depend on the males fertility.

To add to the prospects of producing Goldens this year, my original wild line Het Golden female, and two of her 66% het Golden offspring will be bred to the above males.

In addition, I have 0.3 Landrace het Sunkissed 50% ph Golden, to work into the mix if I can.

My adult female Golden will be bred to 2.0 Jasper County Sunkissed Okeetees, to produce Landrace het Golden Sunkissed.

Last year, I bred the Golden Gene into the Corn Snake Gene Pool by breeding a male Striped Snow Sunkissed X Golden, which produced Normals het Border-less, Amel, Anery, Striped, Sunkissed, Goldens. I have 3.3 that will be a year old soon.

Possibilities include, Striped Golden Sunkissed of course, but also, Amel Goldens, Striped Goldens, and Sunkissed Goldens.

Old 05-16-2023, 04:47 PM   #45
SnakeSmithS
Absolutely can't wait to see a Golden Sunkissed! My money is on that being stunning! Best of luck and please post photos if/when you succeed.

Old 06-25-2023, 03:57 PM   #46
ecreipeoj
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeSmithS View Post
Absolutely can't wait to see a Golden Sunkissed! My money is on that being stunning! Best of luck and please post photos if/when you succeed.
My Golden female just laid 19 fertile eggs! Golden Sunkissed are in my future!

I remember reading a post by Rich Z, hoping to create a Bumble Bee phenotype from Caramel x Anery, but it didn't work out. The NAME he came up with is great, and hasn't been used yet.

Golden Jasper County Okeetees, may look like a bee, or will Sunkissed Goldens? Maybe LavaGolds, with look like purple and yellow Bees? The naming of the Golden Combines will be fun!

My 3.0 Landrace het Lava Goldens have been proven to produce fertile eggs! Both of the Sisters to my Golden, from 2015 have laid fertile eggs. One laid 10 eggs and 3 slugs, and the other laid 15 fertile eggs. Their MOM a Wild Line het Golden is due to lay any day, and 0.3 Landrace het Sunkissed ph Golden are looking plump and going opaque now.

I am hoping for a Golden Dream Breeding Season come true!

Old 06-25-2023, 05:18 PM   #47
SnakeSmithS
That's fantastic news! Fingers crossed you have a "Golden year" and that this mutation finally becomes more well established.

Old 06-25-2023, 05:21 PM   #48
SnakeSmithS
If all goes well and you intend to sell any, please add my name to the queue .

Old 07-20-2023, 05:18 PM   #49
ecreipeoj
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeSmithS View Post
If all goes well and you intend to sell any, please add my name to the queue .
I will be tempted to make room and keep them all, but if I get a decent sex ratio, a few pairs of Landrace Okeetees het Bumble Bee, may be available.

How could I price them in todays market? Highest silent bidders? So far my Golden female has produced all male heavy clutches, perhaps things will even out this year.

Old 07-20-2023, 05:48 PM   #50
SnakeSmithS
I'll just keep keeping my fingers crossed that you have unexpected success this year! Please let me know when/if the bidding starts, haha! If not this year maybe next. It would be great to see this beautiful mutation established in several collections to make sure it sticks around for the long-haul.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google