CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Hello from Barking

Old 04-16-2022, 09:26 AM   #1
pearlyadder
Hello from Barking

Hi,

Long time snake keeper but a new member here. I stumbled across the forum searching for oldest corn snake info. All the references I can find state that the oldest corn snake recorded was 32 years and 3 months.

I only have one left now, but Gallahad was hatched July 1989 so will be 33 in July.

His brother died over 12 years ago at a very respectable age, but he has kept going. He doesn't slough well anymore and needs a gentle and patient hand to complete the job. He looks completely blind but he finds his way around the viv without a problem and I deliberately don't move stuff around. He still strikes and eats well.

I am pretty sure he must be a record-breaker! Can anyone beat his age?

Kate

Old 04-16-2022, 10:08 AM   #2
hypnoctopus
Welcome to the forum! That is definitely the oldest corn I've ever heard of!

Old 04-16-2022, 04:04 PM   #3
Rich Z
I had a big female Okeetee that lived past 20 years, but that is the oldest I can recall.

That town you live in, "Barking". Do you have a lot of dogs there?

Old 04-17-2022, 01:50 PM   #4
Caryl
Welcome to the forum! It seems you and your elder corn might have a record. I don't know how you go about it, but you might check into it with Guinness people.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Old 04-18-2022, 07:43 AM   #5
pearlyadder
I did look into Guinness World records but they only have a record for the oldest snake, and not for individual breeds. As old as he is, Galahad still has a long way to go to be the oldest snake!

Old 04-18-2022, 08:01 AM   #6
Caryl
Well, if you can document your corn snake's age, I'd go ahead and contact the Guiness people. I've seen a number of stories on people who had the first Guinness World Record Whatever. You'll never know unless you try!

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
geriatric, intro, oldest snake, record