CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Cheap Rack System Hide

Old 11-06-2005, 01:17 PM   #1
CJBianco
Cheap Rack System Hide

(I was going to place this idea in the thread below, but I think that thread is for vivariums only. This is more of a cheap rack system idea.)

I fold a sheet/section of newspaper into a flat tube hide. It works great. The snakes spend a lot of time in there. You could fold the newspaper wider for larger snakes, or you could fold it lengthwise for a longer hide. Whatever. It's fast, easy, cheap, customizable, and disposable. What more could you ask for?

Chris

PS -- I also leave the extra 2" lip on the newspaper substrate arched over the heat tape area for the snakes to hide under.

Old 11-06-2005, 01:28 PM   #2
Joejr14
Many people use dog bowls as a combo water dish and hide. Most dog bowls have a lip underneath that allows a snake to coil up under there.

It's a good idea, IMO. Nice and easy to clean.

Old 11-06-2005, 03:44 PM   #3
danvega
With all that reading material, you are going to have some very informed snakes. I use newspapers to line my birds' cages; subsequently, they have been arguing about politics with me . Needless to say, I have switched them over to the sports section. Hey, at least corns cannot talk.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google