CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

2010 BABIES SKIPPING SHEDS

Old 03-13-2011, 07:10 PM   #11
cornsnakeforsale_com
I've got one 2010 baby that has had lots of issues shedding. It missed a shed or two and visually I could see its skin getting worse. More like it had to shed and just decided it didn't want to. So I put it in a "shed box" (deli cup with good sized rough rocks and lots of moisture) and it shed right away. Next month, same thing. It shed in less than a few hours of being put there. Since then it has shed perfect for me. You might try that out and see if you change its mind.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:14 PM   #12
OkeeteeMom
Thanks! Actually...both babies have had shed boxes all along...and 'rough stuff'. It's been weird.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:50 PM   #13
OkeeteeMom
Big Cat FINALLY shed yesterday! It's his first since mid-December...sheesh

Old 04-11-2011, 06:00 PM   #14
OkeeteeMom
Cassandra is FINALLY in deep blue!

Old 04-16-2011, 12:32 PM   #15
OkeeteeMom
YAY...Cassandra FINALLY shed and it was a perfect one, too! Her shed looks like an empty snake, head, jaw and all (pix coming today). Her last was in December 2010.

I really think the reason that both my babies skipped FOUR months was because of the ambient air temps of Winter. The room they're in stayed around 60F...that's all I can figure.

Thanks everyone that replied in here...hopefully more people will be helped/comforted if they have the same issue.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
shed, shedding problem, skipped sheds