CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

MY SNAKE HAS A LUMP IN HER BELLY!

Old 08-21-2003, 05:15 PM   #1
Zazzaliss
MY SNAKE HAS A LUMP IN HER BELLY!

It's a lump, it's been there for days. It isn't hard or soft, but it's still there. And she hasn't eaten in a week. Exactly what is this?

Old 08-22-2003, 02:16 PM   #2
Skye
if she hasn't eaten then it can't be food

has she been out of the cage and been able to ingest something lying around that she shouldn't have been eating?

personally I would take her to a reptile vet - a number of things could be causing the lump - some more serious than others, but you'll want to get it seen too, and sooner is better than later,

Skye

Old 08-22-2003, 09:51 PM   #3
13mur 6
I don't wanna say, but that's one of the signs of cryto. Could be something else, does it go away if you handle your snake or is it constantly there? Could be anything from something he ate to a tumor. I second seeing a vet.

-Lemur 6

Old 08-23-2003, 05:48 PM   #4
Missymonkey
your corn may be constipated too, try giving him/her a warm bath for about five minutes or so and then rub her tummy from head to tail to see if that helps alittle. I had a lumpy ball python, it ended up dieing so don't be too suprised, however think on the bright side she may be ovulating too.

Old 12-17-2003, 10:02 PM   #5
Zazzaliss
God.... Matilda's lump, months later, is still there. She is pooping, so it isn't constipation, but the manual said cryto is accompanied by weight loss, and that hasn't happened...

Oh no... Matilda is worth a lot to me. She was my first of my five corns, my first pet snake.......

Old 12-18-2003, 07:41 AM   #6
Rachel
Have you taken her to a vet yet?

Old 12-18-2003, 05:08 PM   #7
Zazzaliss
Yes, but the vet didn't think much of it... the lump is always getting bigger and smaller, and it vanished when we brought Matilda in.

Old 12-19-2003, 02:52 AM   #8
Rachel
Sounds like crypto but there are a number of other things it could be. Take you snake back to a specialized vet and get them to do some proper tests. Your vet shouldn't just dismiss symptoms like that Good luck, hope your snake will be ok.

Old 12-19-2003, 06:29 AM   #9
Zazzaliss
He said it could be crypto but it might just be gas in her belly... The lump wasn't there when he saw her, so he couldn't really diagnose it...

PS- Is crypto a STD?

Old 12-19-2003, 08:35 AM   #10
CornCrazy
Crypto can be passed in that manner, but it can be paseed by you, by cage equipment, etc. It is passed in the snakes feces and when a snake crawls through the cage, the cysts stick on the snake.

When you hold that snake or it crawls agross something in its cage, then some of the cysts come off on whatever the snake is touching. So if you hold him, then hold another snake in your collection, you are passing the cysts to that snake.

Unfortunately is is an disease that is hard to confine to a single animal in a collection. Ultimate quarantine procedures are a MUST!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google