CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Not eating/About to shed?

Old 03-22-2009, 03:17 PM   #1
HeatherLegolas
Unhappy Not eating/About to shed?

Help!! My 7 month old corn snake hasn't eaten in 2 weeks (as of tomorrow). I assumed that it was because he's about to shed. His eyes went to the bluish-white color 3 days ago, but it doesn't usually take this long for him to shed after they go blue. I tried to feed him again today (even tho he's blue, i've read mixed opinions on this and I've never had issues with feeding him when he's blue in the past, I do try to stay away from that). Should I be concerned? He's never had feeding/shedding problems in the past and usually does a one-to-two piece shed.

His temperatures are between 80-86 on the top high end and about 75-80 on the bottom high end.

I read something about deydration so I'm a bit panicked. When I took the chance of trying to feed him again today his skin seemed a bit "loose" but I don't know if that was due to deydration or because of his shed. ??????

Old 03-22-2009, 05:10 PM   #2
Cat_Eyed_Lady
A 7 month old who is in good shape can go 2 weeks without a problem so no need to panic just yet If you are worried about dehydration you can try putting his head to the water or even soaking in 1/2 inch of water in a container with a lid. Soaking can also help with a shed if he is about to. If I have someone who is blue or going into/coming out of blue, I will try to feed if I have their meal thawed before I notice. So, I would just keep trying to feed him on his normal schedule and try the water tricks if you are worried but I wouldnt be too concerned just yet Good luck with your baby

Old 03-22-2009, 07:23 PM   #3
wax32
I wouldn't be worried at all.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
deyhdration, feeding problem, shedding problem