CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Feeding two snakes question?

Old 10-22-2003, 03:37 PM   #1
Neumann
Feeding two snakes question?

Greetings,

We haven't fed our Okeetee yet (feeding day is Sat). When we feed 'ol Ichabod he goes in a feeding box for few minutes, gobbles a pink and goes back to his viv for a nap. He's a great eater.

The question I have is whether or not I should use the same feed box for both snakes or will the left over snake oder turn off the second feeder? 'Ol Ichabod is an awsome eater and I want to do everything to ensure that our Okeetee eats well too.

One other question. How long before our Okeetee Abigail starts to gain a noticable amout of color? Does it occur during shed, or is it slowly happening right now. I have included a pic of her. As you can see she's fairly dark colored at the moment and really small too.

Cheers,
Jason
--
0.0.1 03-Anery (Ichabod Wadget Wiggles)
0.0.1 03- Okeetee (Abigail "Zippy" Wiggles)

Old 10-22-2003, 04:02 PM   #2
Alex Dew
Hey

Well I feed all my snakes on a saturday too and I feed them all the same time too but I have a separate container for each snake to eat in. I never use it for another snake. You probulary could but I dont. So if I was you, I would use a separate container for each snake.

Your hatchling will get brighter and brighter as it gets to about 2-3ft and then after that it will probulary start to darken down a bit again. It will be most colouful and brightest after each shed.

Good luck

Cheers

Alex

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google