CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Hello from Columbus

Old 01-21-2022, 11:14 PM   #1
H_Chessey
Hello from Columbus

Hello everyone. I'm just getting started with being a corn snake owner and got this guy with me onto the journey. Please meet my tiny king Newt! I was told he's a candycane but I somewhat suspect he's actually an albino but either way I'm happy with him! He's now about 8 months old.
Also an unrelated question: I seem to be having trouble with viewing some images in the post but not others. I checked my profile setting and the image viewing option was enabled. So I'm not sure why it's happening? Did anyone have this issue before? Any help would be deeply appreciated!

Old 01-22-2022, 02:19 AM   #2
hypnoctopus
Welcome! He's cute, and I would love to see some full body shots of him. Candycane and albino (amel is the term we prefer in this hobby) are both genetically amel. Candycane is a line bred amel that has very little yellow, and ideally stark red and white.

As for viewing images, are you looking at very old threads? And are the images embedded into the post or attached the way you have yours? Sometimes embedded images get deleted from wherever they're being hosted and then they'll cease to show up here.

Old 01-24-2022, 02:14 AM   #3
H_Chessey
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
Welcome! He's cute, and I would love to see some full body shots of him. Candycane and albino (amel is the term we prefer in this hobby) are both genetically amel. Candycane is a line bred amel that has very little yellow, and ideally stark red and white.

As for viewing images, are you looking at very old threads? And are the images embedded into the post or attached the way you have yours? Sometimes embedded images get deleted from wherever they're being hosted and then they'll cease to show up here.

Hi there! I’ve seen both terms used interchangeably but I’ll be more aware from now on and thanks for the kind reminder! I was going to post some more pics of him but sadly my phone wouldn’t cooperate. He’s mostly red and white except for some pale red/yellow (depending on the light) spot along his neck part. And he has a completely white belly.

And as for the image thing I think you are right. Those post are a few years old so that’s probably why. Thanks for solving the mystery lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-24-2022, 02:27 AM   #4
H_Chessey

Old 01-24-2022, 02:22 PM   #5
hypnoctopus
He looks good! He doesn't look like a candy cane to me, but if his belly is totally solid white with no checkers, then he would be an amel motley.

Old 02-10-2022, 06:12 AM   #6
vaaa_slaterrr1
Hello from Atlanta!
Newt is soo cute!

Old 02-12-2022, 03:26 AM   #7
H_Chessey
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaaa_slaterrr1 View Post
Hello from Atlanta!
Newt is soo cute!

Hi there! And thanks! lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google