CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

1st Hatchling Weirdo!!

Old 06-27-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
lajes
Question 1st Hatchling Weirdo!!

Got my first Hatchling this year coming from a Blizzard x Ultramel Charcoal Breedin.
Female is a proven Breeder and dad is coming from a clean blizzard x blizzard pairin so i think you can imagine how confused i were seing this lil critter comin out of his egg but just watch yourself!!!!

I think this is what boilogists call reversion.

First thought was damn all the work for nothin but later on a very cute blizzard n 2 ultramel charcoals pipped out so he/she is unique so far but whats your opinion??

Old 06-27-2011, 04:58 PM   #2
cobained
any idea what the female was bred to last year? could it be retained sperm?

Old 06-27-2011, 05:04 PM   #3
lajes
Only was bred to an fire het ultramel charcoal pos caramel before
so no their couldnt be any retained sperm. Itīs a miracle to me!

Old 06-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #4
airenlow
Got any pics of the parents? Somebody isn't what they appear...

Old 06-27-2011, 06:13 PM   #5
fyrefocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by lajes View Post
Only was bred to an fire het ultramel charcoal pos caramel before
so no their couldnt be any retained sperm. Itīs a miracle to me!
This is not true. If an ultramel charcoal is bred to a fire het ultramel charcoal then normal babies will be present in the clutch. That means that it could, in fact, be a case of retained sperm.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #6
fyrefocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrefocks View Post
This is not true. If an ultramel charcoal is bred to a fire het ultramel charcoal then normal babies will be present in the clutch. That means that it could, in fact, be a case of retained sperm.
Furthermore, a fire cant be het ultramel. Im back to being confused again.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:13 AM   #7
lajes
Srr my Bad!
first mate was a Fire het Charcoal no ultra involved!
Pics of the clutchmates l8ter!

Old 06-28-2011, 12:21 AM   #8
cobained
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrefocks View Post
If a fire is bred to an ultramel anything, than all the babies would have to be amels/ultramel based, no normals, so even if it was retained sperm it shouldn't have produced what looks like a normal to me. I'd have to say one of the parents isn't what they think. With all the confusion I've had with the ultra gene, is it possible the ultramel charcoal is really a hypo charcoal? that would make a normal a possibility.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:28 AM   #9
iculatr
if a Blizzard was produced this year, maybe it is a Hypo Charcoal het Amel all along?

Old 06-28-2011, 07:19 AM   #10
lajes
True but up to know 1 Normal 2 Blizzards n 1 Ultramel Charcoal hatched
and 1 Ultramel Charcoal is pipping out of the egg so mom canīt be a hypo charcoal
or am i wrong?!
Here are two of his/her chlutchmates!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
blizzard, normal, ultramel charcoal