CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Weight

Old 04-02-2013, 05:32 AM   #1
juliegarner
Weight

Hi guys i wieghed Angel yeaterday [IMG][/IMG] and she is 69g. At 18 months is this what she should be or should she be more. She has 1 fuzzy ever 5-6 days, she always takes them within minutes of them being put in her viv. She has always been a good eater lol x

Old 04-02-2013, 06:00 AM   #2
disgurlchar
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliegarner View Post
Hi guys i wieghed Angel yeaterday [IMG][/IMG] and she is 69g. At 18 months is this what she should be or should she be more. She has 1 fuzzy ever 5-6 days, she always takes them within minutes of them being put in her viv. She has always been a good eater lol x
When our corn snake was 2 years old she weighed 250g but maybe it just depends on how much you feed them and the corn snake's genetics. Hopefully somebody here can give you more accurate advice. At 18 months we were feeding both our corns 2 fluffs each every 7 days.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:41 AM   #3
juliegarner
Hmmm maybe i should try her on 2 fuzzies now then and see how she does. Any one else got advice for me before i do though it would be greatly appreciated x

Old 04-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #4
disgurlchar
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliegarner View Post
Hmmm maybe i should try her on 2 fuzzies now then and see how she does. Any one else got advice for me before i do though it would be greatly appreciated x
There's nothing to say your gorgeous corn isn't healthy though, I hope someone can give you some more advice

Old 04-02-2013, 08:49 AM   #5
bitsy
Slow and steady growth over the first few years is fine. I've had one which didn't reach adult size until she was five (although that was the exception rather than the rule). As long as yours is in proportion - her head doesn't look over-large for her body - and she's not obviously skinny with her spine sticking up when at rest, then she's fine. Different Corns can grow at very different rates even on the same feeding regime.

As a guide, until they're adult I feed something one and a half times the width of the body (not the head or neck). When moving up from fuzzies, I've usually gone straight to a small mouse. If she looks too small for a small mouse, then I'd leave her on single fuzzies for a while longer. 5-6 days is a reasonable feeding interval for a fuzzy. When going to a small mouse, I usually increase it to 7 days.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:51 AM   #6
juliegarner
Thanks bitsy, there are pics of her in my albums. I did post some the other day though x

Old 04-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #7
juliegarner
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgurlchar View Post
There's nothing to say your gorgeous corn isn't healthy though, I hope someone can give you some more advice
Thanks i usually get good advice on this forum

Old 04-02-2013, 11:58 AM   #8
Campitor
yea i want to say my guy is 10 months old. 130G and he has a Hopper every 7 days.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #9
disgurlchar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campitor View Post
yea i want to say my guy is 10 months old. 130G and he has a Hopper every 7 days.
Sounds like a chunky little fella

Old 04-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #10
juliegarner
Perhaps i should up her food size or quantity then ??

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google