CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Interesting Outcome.......

Old 03-29-2014, 11:27 AM   #1
LRDJ
Interesting Outcome.......

I know it is a silly question to ask but......can you take a guess?

Same snake...

Thanks for looking!

Orlando

Old 03-29-2014, 11:42 AM   #2
Nanci
Mandarine Blood. Diffused amel kastanie.

Old 03-29-2014, 01:30 PM   #3
Daniel Wakefield
I agree with Nanci.......or I could call it a Fire Kastanie, just to be different :P

Old 03-29-2014, 01:34 PM   #4
zorro
I think I have a relative, beautiful snake!!!!!
John

Old 03-29-2014, 04:20 PM   #5
LRDJ
A few years ago a guy by the name of Billy found a pretty snake while mowing the lawn. Today that particular snake has the name of Copper corn snake. To be more specific the snake was found in Pinellas county, FL. A friend of mine who is a good friend of Billy has been working with the copper snake for a few years now and produced and interesting clutch last year..

There has been some speculation that Kastanie and Copper are the same mutation. If I recall, last year I was told that it was the same mutation after it was found by the outcome from crossing a copper x Kastanie.

So....to answer the question, the snake is nothing more than a COPPERSICLE (Copper x creamsicle).

For comparison, here is a picture of a Mandarin Kastanie (the product of a breeding loan from Colorado corns and myself). Picture taken last year...

Pretty interesting indeed...

Thanks for looking!

Orlando

Old 03-29-2014, 04:48 PM   #6
Nanci
I believe Copper could be Kastanie. I've discussed that with Jarrett a number of times.

Old 03-30-2014, 09:46 AM   #7
jrkime
I'm not sure 100% what it is, but I'm very excited about working it into a few projects this year. Coppers have such awesome colors!

Old 03-30-2014, 10:45 AM   #8
Walter Smith
That Manderine is just WOW !!!

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 03-30-2014, 12:54 PM   #9
LRDJ
Thanks guys! I have to correct myself in one of the above statements (working too many emergency after hours lately). The last picture is in fact from
a Mandarine Kastanie blood instead of my previous label. Sorry for the confusion.

Orlando

Old 03-30-2014, 12:58 PM   #10
LRDJ
Geeeezzzz..... what the heck is wrong with me....

Mandarine (Amel Kastanie) Blood........

Orlando

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google