• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

FRUSTRATED w/ FED EX... GRRRR...

Lore

Insert Witty Phrase Here
11:00am... is my package here BY 10:30am as it is SUPPOSED TO BE?!?! NOOOOO!

This is ridiculous! BY 10:30am MEANS anytime before 10:30am I should have my package right?!? GRRR... Here is the perfect example as to why I will more than likely only ever do buisness locally when looking to buy snakes... :angry01:

I called FedEx, they are sending a "message" to the driver to find out where my darn package is and where the hell they are... 11:02 no call from them yet... seriously... am I expecting too much to have my package on time?

Ya I know... lots of people have had this problem... I'm just irritated that its me with this problem at this very moment as my sunkissed's freeze to death out there.... :realhot:

Yeah, I know the feeling. The majority of my shipments that arrive here are way past 10:30. I usually get them between 11 and 1 pm. I complain to the driver, and complain to the office, and neither does any good.

Ryan McCullough

Just a suggestion - make sure you having the tracking number, and look it up on the net, and use it when you talk to them. It helps and gets things done faster.

Last summer I had my pricey Ultramel hatchling redirected accidently (it came in to the Austin office, then went out to Dallas by accident) and I didn't get him until the next day. I was very upset, and surprised that he arrived alive.

It was my only FedEx snake mess up though, and usually they've been really good, wel... except when you go into an office and the employees always think that "they don't ship live reptiles", etc.

I'm sorry for your frustration! Tell us if he arrives okay!

11:19 and STILL no package! :twoguns:

When I called I refrenced the tracking # and they looked it up and said that there was no posted delays and that and that there should have been no reason for my to have not recieved that package yet and they sent a message to the driver to call me with status... of course... I've still not heard from them :realhot:

That sucks, I have never had a problem w/fedex getting pkgs to me on time (the one I got from you thismorning was here at 9:15). If this is a constant problem I might just tell them in the future to just hold the package at their facility when it comes in and you go pick it up yourself. I would also raise a little hell and ask for some money back, you've paid for it to be there at 10:30 not after that. They are not fulfilling their end of the bargain.

One a brighter note; your snakes should be ok. I'm assuming there are heat packs in there and they ususally last a while. I had the fedex guy come once when I was in the shower and he left. I couldn't get the little guy until the next day and he was still nice and warm.

Last edited:
hmmm... well that's good to know. I'm still pissed tho.

Being a mommy at home to 4, 3 year olds, pick up at the fed ex facility isn't an option for me at this point :cry:

12 noon... STILL NOTHING... I called them again and told them that I want results immediately as there are live animals in the box and that I am concerned for their welfare and that they had better be concerned as well, that I want that driver to call me NOW.

I called with that at 11:30... 12... still no call :mad:

I e-mailed the breeder I ordered them from in hopes that he as the account holder can get better results with FedEx getting this package to me.

On the whole, FedEx has been better than most of the others. But not perfect.

For future shipments, you can really increase the safety and speed of shipping if you are willing to go to the FedEx office and pick it up in the morning. Most mistakes are made by the driver, if any mistakes are to be made. That part is eliminated by picking up at the office. Also, even the warehouse will be warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer, than the back of a truck, although they usually keep them in the office.

If you do take home delivery, it is best to check the tracking # online as soon as you wake up. That way you will know right away if it looks like there is any difficulty. Also note that some addresses are not guaranteed 10:30 a.m. delivery even if you pay for it. Those are usuallly addresses in smaller towns or rural areas.

Shipping is almost like a whole other business in itself. Most of the time it works fine, but can cause problems, sometimes beyond your control. But there are some actions you (and especially the shipper) can take to increase the chances of success.

That really sucks Lore, I hope your snake arrives ok.
FedEx here is scary....if i have the option, i have it shipped UPS. unfortunately, i think only FedEx ships live reptiles. so if i can, i try and arrange pickup at the FedEx or have it shipped to my office. i learned the hard way that these are the best options. i work in a large building with its own mailroom.

for some reason, FedEx almost always delivers the package to the wrong house a few streets away with the same house number....
soooo i tried to have my next shipment sent to my gf's office instead...FedEx failed to deliver the package, they said "oh we cant find the office". what's really funny is FedEx makes deliveries/pickups there daily, it's a law firm! but they claimed they couldnt find the place!

oh and as you know...FedEx customer service is the pits!

Two and a half hours and STILL waiting. I've made a 3rd call into FedEx, demanding that I speak directly with the dispatch location, I was tranferred and talked to the "tracking agent" who was working this situation... BUT the "tracking agent" was on lunch so there was another worker to took a look at the claim for me :rolleyes:

She said she is putting a call (again) in to the driver stating that he call her IMMEDIATELY and she will call me back as soon as he does this...

Will I get a call... now THAT is the question...

its 28 degrees outside... I am pissed. :angry01:

sorry to hear that Lore............quick story. i had sold some property a few years back and was dealing with a buyer in kansas ( i was in new mexico then). he put the down payment in an overnight envelope to be delivered by 10:30 a.m. the next morning via Fed-Ex. well, you know where this is going. nothing could be done over the phone to the main office and they didn't really seem to care too much either. we called from 10:30 on through the rest of the day and they finally reached the driver around 4:30 in the afternoon. after another hour or two he called them back and said he "thought that nobody was home so he just tossed it over the fence into the backyard"....... :eek:. it was a "signature required" package and was never found. the check was canceled and we had to do it again the next day through USPS. i have also had a few more problems with them in the past and have vowed to never use them again. but since shipping snakes involves using Fed-Ex, i have had to work with them twice since then and have not had a problem yet.......i try to buy locally.
again, hope everything works out.

I had this same problem a few months ago when it was so cold out here. You're lucky they were even willing to contact the driver, if they really did, because when I called, I got the "there's nothing we can do, it should be there" over and over. It turned out there was a snowstorm in Denver that delayed all flights. Duh! They didn't know that when I was calling? I didn't find out until I contacted the breeder and he got on it. My babies arrived a full day late, but in great shape.

Your babies will arrive and if they were packed well, they will be ok. Eat chocolate or drink liquor, whatever chills you out, and wait by the front door like a gargoyle.

Trust me... I've been looming over the front door window like an angry mobster for the past 3 hours :uzi:

I'm sorry that it's taking so long Lore. But I'm sure all will be ok :)
kathylove said:
I feel sorry for that driver when he meets you - EEEEKKK! Can't blame you a bit!
Hell hath no fury like a mother of quadruplets scorned.
:grin01:

Around here, I have more faith in the FedEx guy. The UPS guy still swears he left my sister's package at the front door. Well, there is a huge sign that says "Use Back Door." Plus there is only a small step that maybe 8" if you use a stretched ruler. Anything over that is sitting out on the sidewalk and anyone going down Main Street could stop and pick it up, almost without getting out of their car. Give me a break, who would leave a huge box at Christmas time on a step that's non-existent???

The FedEx guy when he brought little Don Dorcha asked what kind of animal was in the box and then wanted me to tell him it was my only one... He just shook his head when I told him that there were two more :D

Hopefully, your babies are there safe and sound :D

lefty_mussolini said:
I'm sorry that it's taking so long Lore. But I'm sure all will be ok :)

Hell hath no fury like a mother of quadruplets scorned.
:grin01:

LOL! Kathy & Trevor... you got that right! Imagine this... I'm feeding my kids lunch, I skip lunch and use the time to continue my looming over the door... pacing... angry mommy saying naughty naughty words... just past 1:30pm she spots the FedEx man walking up the sidewalk... instantly I am standing outside that door, arms crossed, mental sword chopping off this guys head, I take the box ... I am ALL set to put this man in his place and send his balls up into his stomach... I take the package and say 'thankyou' ... he tells me have a nice day...

..... .......

... wait... snap out of it stupid... you took the package... and told the man to have a NICE DAY! WTF! :rolleyes:

Ya... I can think big... its the following through with the Angry that Lore has to work in. :grin01:

Anywho... here's the thread with the FREEZING cold snakies that are now warming up in their nice lil' vivs.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=387766#post387766

Thanks for keeping me company in my 3 hour wait :cheers:

nice to hear that everything worked out Lore........if he only knew what "other" greeting you had waiting for him. lol. :cheers:

That's kind of scary that they were freezing cold, when only three hours late. I'd have hoped the warm packs would have a lot more leeway- for just such eventualities as the airport being closed, etc.

But glad they got there, and I saw their pics in the other thread, and they are beautiful, and their tubs are so cool! Does the girlie get the flower and the boy the vine???

Nanci

Back