• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

So I just noticed..

USMarty

Archer went blue and as he was moving in his hide I noticed an extreme bump near his vent. Like, it was incredibly large, and after reading around I realize it could be one of two things...

Either he is morbidly obese, or he has to go potty...

Considering I had him out a couple days ago, and did notice the bump (although if memory serves me correctly it wasn't as big) and I recently wrote this post:

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1403605#post1403605

I am leaning toward him needing to hit the john. Is it true that it is a noticeable bulge around that area when they need to go? I don't know how I've had him for so long and never noticed, but the fat snake idea is totally baffling for me since he's so young and it seems like I've been under feeding him...

Anyways, I'd post pics but I'm not about to disturb him...

Thanks in advance.
-USMarty

Mine always seem to have a bulge before pooping. After getting crapped on a few times, i always do a quick "poop bulge" check before letting them slither around on me. Mine also tend to poop just after shedding, so that is most likely what is going on with your snake :)

Back