• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Need some friendly advice. ;)

USMarty

Hello everyone.

So Archer is 65g and 25 inches long roughly. He is also 1 year 5 months old. From what I am gathering, he is small for his age...

I've been feeding him one fuzzy (roughly 5g) every week. However, when I looked at the Munson plan again, I realize he should be getting 9-12g of food in about the same period of time. It also says I should be feeding him Hoppers, although I'm pretty sure he couldn't fit that in his mouth...It is already really stretched when he's eating the fuzzy...

My questions from this information are..

1. IS he actually small for his age?

2. Should I double his food intake weekly?

He eats readily and has never turned down anything. He drinks tons of water after every feeding and has a 20L tank with tons of hides so he's happy as heck. Haha, I really just can't wait for him to get bigger...(I won't power feed him though).

Thanks!

I would start by offering him 2 of the 5gram fuzzies. I think he is small for his age but all snakes grow at different rates. I am very found of the munson plan but sometimes you need to alter things a bit to make it work. Corns can eat prey twice the width of the largest part of them. It may look big but they do it all the time just fine. You can always tell if you are feeding enough by how long you can see the food lump. It should take about 30 hrs for the food lump to go away.

Sounds a little small, but it's nothing to worry about. I would add a pinky or half a fuzzy to his current schedule. After a few meals move up to 2 fuzzies. He'll catch back up eventually.

I feed my snakes one size smaller than the Munson Plan suggests. A skinny (healthy) snake is better than an obese one...

Back