• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

DAYTONA 2010 OFFICIAL THREAD

Susan's kid won it. What was it...It's the bad one...Syphilis!!

Actually, Charlie got Lyme disease at the raffle and someone else got syphilis. And Charlie wants to know if you'll be bringing any more diseases to raffle off as he absolutely loves his Lyme disease (he has named it Mr. Fuzzies) and would love to get another.

This is the face I made when I saw this thread -
002-2.jpg

Actually, Charlie got Lyme disease at the raffle and someone else got syphilis. And Charlie wants to know if you'll be bringing any more diseases to raffle off as he absolutely loves his Lyme disease (he has named it Mr. Fuzzies) and would love to get another.

I'll look at the (medical) bookstore at work, Susan. Those were the only two "snakey" looking germs, but there are tons of others that are cute!

I am assuming the raffle proceeds will again go to US ARK?

If so, and if we get anything like the number and quality of donations as last year, then I want to try to get together with Andrew to try to display some of the more expensive items on his table Saturday. I would like to try to have him sell raffle tickets to all show attendees all day to increase the total "take" over what we could accomplish on our own at the dinner.

I am thinking we would get some tickets that would allow buyers to write their contact info on each one so they would not have to be present to win (we would still draw them at the dinner). Maybe we would do this only with the more expensive items, and / or the non corn related items (we got a lot of donations of cool ball pythons last year). Then we will still have lots of items for just our group, so we can watch people actually win and take items at the dinner.

It is possible that Andrew may need a helper or two to run this at his table on Sat. I haven't talked to him yet.

Whatcha think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci
Susan's kid won it. What was it...It's the bad one...Syphilis!!

As compared to the good ones... Which ones are those again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpcorns
It was noisy. I thought I won a date with Phyllis. I guess that clears up what the Penecillin didn't.

What happens in Daytona, stays in... your blood...

:laugh01:

Now I am really sorry I missed out on Daytona, blood borne pathogens and all
:crazy02:

I'm perfectly happy with USARK being the beneficiary again. I get e-mails and Tweets all the time form them. They are super-active and excellent at keeping us updated. I can't think of any better organization to donate to.

Joe, you always have the greatest links. I like Sal. typhi and Helicobacter.

This is my first post in any Daytona thread ever.

Baton Rouge to Daytona, driving = 691 miles (about 11 hours 18 mins).

I've been trying to keep the high standard just for you, lol. That's not bad of a drive at all! :idea: Rent a Prius, and it'd be super cheap...

Back