• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Donations to Help - 1.1 '09 Ultramel Anery Motleys

Drizzt80

Dakota Corns
The donation for my Bloodred pair went really well, and as it started winding down, Mike (mike17l) made an offer to me that I couldn't refuse. He wanted to get me rolling on a second donation for Ali.

Here's the information from my previous donation regarding Ali:
I have just learned that a student who attends my school has had her cancer return. She's been battling this since 4th grade (10 years old). She's 13 now and in the 7th grade. She and her family thought they had her final EVER chemo treatment last summer. Unfortunately that's not the case. She was flown back to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN over the past weekend, and her biopsy from Tuesday showed 40% leukemia cells in her bone marrow. Not good, but they are a fighting family and doing everything they can to get this back under control.

Donations (are closed, thank you) this time around will earn you a chance at a 1.1 pair of 2009 Ultramel Anery Motleys AND a handcrafted wooden clipboard (Perfect for the serious herpetologist!!). The pair of snakes are in the possession of Mike/mike17l. The male was produced and donated by him. The female was produced and donated by KJ/KJUN. Their current pictures will be added when I get them from Mike. Jeff Mohr/MohrSnakes fancies himself as some kind of woodworker, and has offered to add a handcrafted, wooden clipboard to this set of donations for Ali. He will cover shipping stateside, but will have a conversation about possible shipping with a potential winner that isn't stateside.

Here are the particulars:
1. Shipping will be paid by the winner to Mike/mike17l for the snakes. Continental US Shipping address only. Those members not in the Continental US can donate chances to continental US members OR if they have someone that can ship to them from the Continental US we can work with that too.

2. Donations are closed, drawing held. Thank you!! Please use PayPal and please use Personal and Gift as your option when sending the donation so I am not charged the additional transaction fee.
1 chance will equal 1 physical ticket placed “in the hat”.

3. PayPal me for chances at: Donations are closed. The drawing was held. Thank you!!
Please include your name, email, and CS.com screen name with your PP donation.
Please remember to mark as Personal and Gift because it really is a gift to a family in great need!

4. I will be ending the donation process at midnight (Central time), on Friday, May 28th. Selection of the new owner for these Ultramel Anery Motleys will be made and announced sometime during the day on Saturday, May 29th.

5. Shipping will be arranged between Mike/mike17l and the winner of the snakes. The winner will be responsible for shipping costs, which will be PayPal'ed to him. Shipping will be arranged between Jeff/MohrSnakes and the winner of the clipboard. I want all donated funds to be forwarded to the Borgen family.

6. I will make changes as necessary to these particulars as questions/concerns arise.

To make it crystal clear, I will not be making or accepting any profit on this donation. Anyone who may not know me or my history with things like this, or are just generally skeptical, here is the web address for the family's CarePages site. You will need to register to read it, and you will more than likely need a tissue. Be sure to click on "About Ali".
http://www.carepages.com/carepages/WeLoveAliB

Thanks for any interest
D80/Brent

Jeff Mohr Clipboard:
Clipboard.jpg

Female:
attachment.php

Male:

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Yay! Donations are sent :) Thanks Mike and Brent, STAY STRONG ALI, a crazy Canuck is thinkin' of ya!

Rebecca

Would like to send a donation but I really dont have the money for shipping. i
Is there any ways these could be held for me if I was to win and brought to the Daytona show for me to pic up. I was diagnosed with Leukemia when I was 4 years old. After 5 or so years of fighting it I won. So I really think this is a great think to do.

Brent, I am sorry I failed to participate in the first round, but sending donation for this time around, right now.

The money has been sent!

Glad to do it again for Ali. I wish I had some hatclings I could donate. Maybe later on in July.

Thanks Mike for the wonderful donation and thanks Brent for doing again.

You have money.

Paypal sent Brent! Thanks for doing this!

Money sent.

Sent donations. Your kindness is admired.

Yay! Donations are sent :) Thanks Mike and Brent, STAY STRONG ALI, a crazy Canuck is thinkin' of ya!

Rebecca

Brent, I am sorry I failed to participate in the first round, but sending donation for this time around, right now.

Thank you all for your wonderful generosity. It is greatly appreciated once again. My colleague who is in touch with the family directly has indicated that they are truly appreciative of what was done in the Bloodred pair donation and she (my colleague) was really surprised that this second set of donations was started. Thank you. Again.

Brent

The money has been sent!

Thanks Mike for the wonderful donation and thanks Brent for doing again.
Thank you once again. And, just to make note, KJ/KJUN actually has bred and donated the female. They are both in Mike's possession. Thank you to KJ as well.

I'll chip in on this one Friday after I get paid. :)
Any amount is obviously going to help the family with this. Friday would be grand. Thank you.

Money sent!

I hope this little girl defies the odds and has a wonderful future.
Got it. Thank you. We all hope she can battle through it again as well.

Thanks,
Brent

Would like to send a donation but I really dont have the money for shipping. i
Is there any ways these could be held for me if I was to win and brought to the Daytona show for me to pic up. I was diagnosed with Leukemia when I was 4 years old. After 5 or so years of fighting it I won. So I really think this is a great think to do.

Here are the particulars:
1. Shipping will be paid by the winner to Mike/mike17l for the snakes. Continental US Shipping address only. Those members not in the Continental US can donate chances to continental US members OR if they have someone that can ship to them from the Continental US we can work with that too.

5. Shipping will be arranged between Mike/mike17l and the winner of the snakes. The winner will be responsible for shipping costs, which will be PayPal'ed to him.

I'm glad to hear you won your battle with leukemia. That's great and gives hope to those that are still battling. I can't speak for Mike, and what he would like to do with your question, but if they were held until Daytona to save on shipping for you, then the next request to hold onto, and deliver, them to a different show would also expect to be honored. I don't want to put him, or anyone else, in that position. So I'm going to say no, unless Mike wants to speak up and say different.

In the Bloodred pair set of donations, I had several people make donations with no desire to win and specifically requested their names not be put in the "hat" for the drawing. I would accept donations from you, or anyone else, in that regard again for this set of donations.

Thanks,
Brent

Good to be home. Sorry for not responding to posts right away today. It's the final week of school, and things are hectic to say the least this week! Thank you, thank you, thank you for the donations and the kind words . . . again. It makes me feel good that you are all good people.

I know Mike is entering his last few days of school and was not here at the site today, so I don't have pictures from him yet. I'll get them up as soon as I'm in touch with him.

You may, or may not, have noticed additions to the original post, but there were two changes added:
1. KJ/KJUN bred the female in the pair and has agreed to her donation in this cause for Ali. Thank you KJ.
2. Jeff Mohr/MohrSnakes has made a handcrafted wooden clipboard to include in the donation. I will draw a second name to be awarded the clipboard. Thank you as well Jeff.

As of right now, we are at $265 donated and 53 chances being placed in the "hat". :cheers:

Okay, I think that covers all the posts, emails, donations, and information . . . did I miss anything?!

Thanks.
Brent

If you want to continue this idea, I would definitely donate a pair from a clutch later this summer. Let's see how much we can raise!

If you want to continue this idea, I would definitely donate a pair from a clutch later this summer. Let's see how much we can raise!
It definitely opens up a box of something . . .

How does this sound?! We hit $400 in donations by 9 pm tomorrow night (Tuesday) and I will add a pair of your hatchlings to the drawing . . . :shrugs:

:D
Brent

Back