• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Will a corn snake eat other snakes?

Good point Susan.

But this is done to stroke the ego. When the ego is ""low"", usually from nonco-habbing, it must prove itself of worth. If the ego was able to live a solitary life this process wouldn't be necessary. (There's the twist)
Overall, if the OP did a research on the topic on this forum, they would of understood that this thread is moot.

:laugh01::laugh01: you make my Friday nights fun.

I will continue the research. This is where I close the topic because I am tired of checking back to see if there are any intelligent replies, and only receiving useless, close minded, rude and cynical inquiry.

Good day.

My My! Aren't we full of ourselves! I'm glad you won't be checking back as your comment has left a completely foul stench around here. There are breeders on this forum that have literally written the books on keeping corn snakes (Kathy Love and Don Soderberg), and those breeders do not condone cohabitation. That's proof enough for me. If you don't like it, you can go crawl back under whatever rock you came from and "cuddle" with your own kind. We "useless, close-minded, rude and cynical morons" don't like to associate with your kind. It stresses us out, causing us to become overly aggressive, devouring any and all not of our kind. Bye-bye and don't let to door hit you in the arse on your way out!

My My! Aren't we full of ourselves! I'm glad you won't be checking back as your comment has left a completely foul stench around here. There are breeders on this forum that have literally written the books on keeping corn snakes (Kathy Love and Don Soderberg), and those breeders do not condone cohabitation. That's proof enough for me. If you don't like it, you can go crawl back under whatever rock you came from and "cuddle" with your own kind. We "useless, close-minded, rude and cynical morons" don't like to associate with your kind. It stresses us out, causing us to become overly aggressive, devouring any and all not of our kind. Bye-bye and don't let to door hit you in the arse on your way out!

Goooo Susan, Oh! my you made my day. I realize it doesn't take much (to make my day) but 'you go girl'

**I'm picturing a cat & a cement floor** (some of you will get this) ;)

:rofl:

I love you? Have I told you that lately?

I would like to know what "evidence" do you want? People have given you personal experiences and pictures. What more proof do you want? The only way I think you will believe any of us is if something happens to your snakes.

Reasons for not cohabbing-
1. stress
2. diseases
3. cannabalism
4. breeding
5. fighting

Even though many snakes live healthy, long lifes being cohabbed the risk is still there that these things can happen. I don't understand why you are so ignorant and close minded that you can't understand that you are risking the lives of your animals. If you truely care for your animals why would you keep them in a situation where the could be harmed if it is preventable?

Here's some more pictures. Some of the pictures show snakes even eating themselves.

Attachments

• post-391-1134141722.jpg
    post-391-1134141722.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 81
  • post-391-1134143961.jpg
    post-391-1134143961.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 81
  • post-391-1134144651_thumb.jpg
    post-391-1134144651_thumb.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 81
  • post-391-1134145126.jpg
    post-391-1134145126.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 81
  • post-391-1134146440_thumb.jpg
    post-391-1134146440_thumb.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 82
See those photos are all the evidence I'll ever need. If that is even a remote possibility, the only way I can stop it is by not cohabbing. So I will not cohab.

Then again, I also don't go onto dog rescue sites and use my first post ever to start a conversation about how great puppy mills are....

I think field herping holds the answer to co habing snakes.......
Unless it's breeding season how often do you find snakes in groups cuddling...
I find slow worms in the same spot all the time, but never snakes...

Well here is what personal experience I have that would convince me not to cohabitate snakes. Put male and female corn together for first breeding. Everything went fine no aggression from either snake. Second time around the female bit the male, but let go and they bred. Third time she bit and immediately started to constrict him. Had to pry her off him to keep her from killing him. Is why I am always in the room and right on hand when I have two snakes together for any reason. And this was a very recent event. Was also a good thing I had extra hands to get them apart or I would probably be short on proven breeding male.

So in short: No snakes together except supervised breedings.

I'm with you Lauren, I came to this forum because I was told co-habbing was OK. I realized on my own it was a bad idea, but this forum confirmed it for me.

The forum always amazes me however at the number of people who come on here for advice and then go ahead and do it their way.

On the other hand we could always discuss this issue http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51941
just saying

Back