• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

!!!! My Unexpected EGGS !!!!

she hasnt laid any more eggs yet since before but she deffinately still has at least one near her vent. i think she may be too tyred to squueze them out right now.
im going to go to bed and hopefully by the morning shel have got them all out.

how meny eggs to u hve this morning and how is mummy doing

nick

2 more eggs this morning, both slugs but that takes the total up to 35!
mum is deep in blue at the minute and looks a bit shattered! il be happy when its all over and she gets back onto her food!

2 more eggs this morning, both slugs but that takes the total up to 35!
mum is deep in blue at the minute and looks a bit shattered! il be happy when its all over and she gets back onto her food!

i do hope everythig is ok for u m8 and she starts eating for u soon

Wow Brett 35 eggs. How many good ones do you have out of that? I sure hope she gets her strength back soon for you. I hope all this stress for both of you will be but a memory in a couple months when your mystery clutch hatches. Something to look forward too.
All the best to Dizzles & you Brett....

Wow Brett 35 eggs. How many good ones do you have out of that? I sure hope she gets her strength back soon for you. I hope all this stress for both of you will be but a memory in a couple months when your mystery clutch hatches. Something to look forward too.
All the best to Dizzles & you Brett....

hey tim,
thank you so much for such a nice post! i will tell dizzles that you wish her a speedy recovery!
all together out of the 35 eggs we have had 7 that werefertile, but i have had to throw one out because it went bad so i can guess you can just say 6 good ones!
i think il go and try and get some descent pics of the eggs to let you know how they are progressing. I know i keep repeating myself but im still not sure if they will make it or not,i think at least one of them will. Its hard to tell. the good eggs are white and have a hard shell but on some of the eggs, the ends arent white like the rest of the eggs, its like a washed out pale white colour as if the shell doesnt go all the way round. its hard to explain but i will try to get some pics.
thanks again :cheers:

That's a lot of bad eggs for 35. Are you sure they are all bad or maybe they are just odd colored? I had a girl lay 13 eggs last year and I though they were all bad because they weren't white, more of a yellow color. I incubated them and they all hatched.

Sorry--I went back and looked at the pics you posted. Guess if they all look like that then yea, their bad. :awcrap::eek: Hope your girl recovers quickly.

ok guys heres some pics i just took,

this first egg is from the eggs that she has been laying over the last couple of days (the second lot) they wer all slugs but i thought this one may have a chance so i got it int he incubator in a separate tub to the other eggs....

2009_0309pictures0001.jpg

2009_0309pictures0002.jpg

2009_0309pictures0003.jpg

these last pics are from the first lot of eggs that she laid, these are 'the good ones' which i keep refering to. You can see the one in middle is looking the best. The top three, im not to sure about, i think the one on the right of the top 3 looks ok and the one on the left of the top three looks the worst (you can clearer see the egg consistency that i mentioned on that one).
The egg at the bottom was another 'fingers crossed' egg but im not sure....its looking ok but again you can notice the colour variation on the egg.

2009_0309pictures0008.jpg

2009_0309pictures0009.jpg

2009_0309pictures0007.jpg

2009_0309pictures0004.jpg

2009_0309pictures0005.jpg

2009_0309pictures0006.jpg

so.......what do you guys truely think?

My rule is to give every one a chance and wait until they actually go bad before I toss them. I don't like to guess... I mean right out of the chute you can tell a bad one from a good one fairly easily, but I'm a worry wart and like to make extra sure.

Well, I'd say you have a good chance with those. That one, 4th pic top left egg, looks a bit iffy. Good luck!

Well, I'd say you have a good chance with those. That one, 4th pic top left egg, looks a bit iffy. Good luck!

ye i know that one is starting to look a bit dodgey! theres nothing i can do with it though if does continue to get worse because its attached to the other eggs. i suppose il just have to leave it in there.

what do you make of the shells on the other eggs, can you see that colour change i was talking about? do you think that is normal?

I haven't had the chance to see to many eggs yet to give any advice other than they appear to be full and large, not like pictures of other slugs that appear to be smaller and more moist than good eggs. So here's hoping all goes well and you at least get some of them to hatch. Nothing to lose by trying huh buddy? Good luck and keep me posted.

I haven't had the chance to see to many eggs yet to give any advice other than they appear to be full and large, not like pictures of other slugs that appear to be smaller and more moist than good eggs. So here's hoping all goes well and you at least get some of them to hatch. Nothing to lose by trying huh buddy? Good luck and keep me posted.

very true!
at least i know that she can lay a good load of eggs for whenever shes next ready to breed! I wouldnt like to put her through that again this season, i will try and get her ready for next year and hopefully dezmond can get the job done with her and we can have more fertile eggs!

Back