• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

!!!! My Unexpected EGGS !!!!

she looks so deflaited right now!
do you guys recomend that i pick her up just for a moment so that i can get the aspen puched back across to that side of the tub and get her water bowl back were it should be and get her on some aspen? so shes not lying on bare tub?
im going to offer her a mouse later. this girl needs some meals down her for sure!

WOW 31 EGGS....that poor girl...was she sold to you as a virgin, meaning unproven? It makes sense that she wouldn't eat anything while still in labor. I would do whatever it took to make sure she gets as much water as possible, she msut be extremely dehydrated. Best of luck to you and especially her!

thank you. i think i will gently pick her up and sort her tub out. it will give me chance to put her head to her water bowl to properly offer her some water.

Poor tired little girl! Can you imagine giving birth to 31 babies?! I'd be excited over the unexpected little ones but at the same time maybe just a little bit ticked off. That could be me,though. Unless you knew she was proven. Then that's a different story, altogether.

I hope she starts perking up for you. If she doesn't start drinking, I'd try the syringe idea.

i have just sorted all her tub out so at least it must be a bit more comfortable for her!
i held her head the her water bowl and she drank a lot! which i wsa pleased about. i have left two pinkies in with her on some tissue so wel see if she eats them or not a bit later!

Oh my god! 31 eggs, that's incredible!! I"m sorry to hear most were slugs but here's wishing the best of luck to ya for the healthy ones! Poor girl is going to need a big rest after all this..lol

I'm glad she drank for you! She's probably just so very tired. Maybe a fresh clean house and a good rest will do her some good!

i know i think that when i get chance im going to need to properly clean her tub out and put some fresh aspen in there. i dont want to keep bothering her though so il wait one or two days to do that

just a quick update on my girl....

the good news is that shes starting to look a bit perkier and this morning i saw her moving around her tub and she made her own way to her water bowl for a nice long drink.
the bad news is that i havnt yet got her to eat any pinkies or very small mice that i have offered to her.

That is quite a load of eggs!

If you get her fattened up nicely, you might try putting her with a male several weeks earlier next year.

It is important to take her out and let her crawl back into her cage in a very relaxed manner. Then you can push your index finger (or possibly a couple of fingers) into her belly a bit as she crawls. And cup her body with the rest of your hand so that your index finger is able to gently probe her belly. That way, you can feel if there are any other "bumps" (eggs) as she crawls. If her muscles are too tight, you won't be able to palpate, so be sure she is relaxed and crawling slowly. I describe the process in my book, and what to do if she is eggbound. Hopefully you won't have to deal with that this year.

She will probably go blue shortly, so may not eat until she sheds.

Good luck!

If you get her fattened up nicely, you might try putting her with a male several weeks earlier next year.

It is important to take her out and let her crawl back into her cage in a very relaxed manner. Then you can push your index finger (or possibly a couple of fingers) into her belly a bit as she crawls. And cup her body with the rest of your hand so that your index finger is able to gently probe her belly. That way, you can feel if there are any other "bumps" (eggs) as she crawls. If her muscles are too tight, you won't be able to palpate, so be sure she is relaxed and crawling slowly. I describe the process in my book, and what to do if she is eggbound. Hopefully you won't have to deal with that this year.

She will probably go blue shortly, so may not eat until she sheds.

Good luck!

thanks for the great advice kathy!

i have read about that in your book a while ago but do you mean to do that now to see if there are still any eggs? or do you mean to do that next year to see if she becomes gravid again?

its good to know she may not eat until she sheds, that would be a good explanation fore why she isnt eating right now.

........shes laying more eggs!

shes in blue right now and i was expecting to come home from work today and see her neerly ready to be shedding but instead i came home to find her laying more eggs! lol WOW!

shes got two out right now with more to come. i cant tell wether or not these are going to be fertile but im going to have to go and get another egg box ready!

........shes laying more eggs!

shes in blue right now and i was expecting to come home from work today and see her neerly ready to be shedding but instead i came home to find her laying more eggs! lol WOW!

shes got two out right now with more to come. i cant tell wether or not these are going to be fertile but im going to have to go and get another egg box ready!
That is unbelievable...poor poor girl! I hope she's OK!

i know once again im totally shocked!
she is such a machine! once she sheds after this clutch im hoping she will start eating.

would you say this is a double clutch or just some unfinished buisness form last time?

i know once again im totally shocked!
she is such a machine! once she sheds after this clutch im hoping she will start eating.

would you say this is a double clutch or just some unfinished business form last time?
definitely unfinished business! A double clutch takes more than a month to occur, she has to re-ovulate, impregnate ( sometimes with retained sperm) and then carry the eggs to term.
I would just try not to mess with her much except for food, water etc... I'm glad she's got a good Mommy!

shes a lunatic! lol shes got two out so far, 1 ok looking one that iv got in the incubator,and one slug! more still to come though

OMG! Poor baby! I hope she's going to be okay(I'm sure she will be)but......that's just amazing!

Back