• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Box Turtle Enclosure: Progression Thread

Nanci

Alien Lover
Here I am, first day of vacation, and I am ready to start building a new enclosure for my box turtles.

That's Fagalo, Eastern Boxie, on the left and Krusty, Florida Boxie, on the right.

Attachments

• Boxie Pen 003.jpg
    Boxie Pen 003.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 733
Right after I post this, I am going out to choose the spot! I hope to have MANY updates this week!

Attachments

• Boxie Pen 001.jpg
    Boxie Pen 001.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 732
Have a good "vacation".
I like the way you made Fort Tort, was that your idea? It looks a good relatively easy way to do it.

Yeah, that was my idea. The really difficult part was getting it square and level. The really horrible part was drilling the holes for the 12 inch nails. I am going to buy a corded drill with a handle thing down by the bit. It was very difficult with a cordless- I could only do three holes before the battery died.

Yeah, that lumber is kind of dense.
You better get out there and quit playing on your computer, I'm going out to do the first weed-wacking of the year.
Have fun!

Thinking about the pond. Isabel is helping. 4x2 sounded huge, but laid out, it looked tiny, so I am thinking about 4x4.

Attachments

• Boxie Pen 010.jpg
    Boxie Pen 010.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 720
I know! Last time, all my friends conveniently stopped by after the walls were up- need any help?

I have to plan out the water supply, too. I have a water line going into Fort Tort at that right hand corner. I can T off that.

Well, the bench that I sit in to view Fort Tort will be between the two, facing the Fort. I don't look at it from the house. There will be room to expand the patio behind the bench/arbor. I want to put in a wicker bench and table, or glider or something, to view the pond. When I sit at the Fort, I will be able to hear the fountain in the pond. On the left of the Fort, I want to build a gazebo some day. Behind the Fort is my firepit, I can't expand in that direction. If I put in an enclosure for a third species, it will go somewhere to the right of the two pens, maybe midway.

I don't know, but Krusty dispatched it by biting off the head...

Attachments

• Grub 002.jpg
    Grub 002.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 400
This is it for a while- it's only 80F, but broiling sun. I have one timber in the ground and level, and am 3/4 done digging the trench for the second one. I'm hoping that by setting the parallel timber second, measuring off the first, the whole thing will be easier to square up.

Attachments

• Boxie Pen 011.jpg
    Boxie Pen 011.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 400
Good luck Nanci...

and enjoy the vacation. I wish I still had turtles. Box I mean. My Honduran Wood Turtle isn't going anywhere.

This is it for the day. Severe thunderstorm coming in and it's time to feed snakes. Still- I got three sides buried and have them nearly square. That's the part I hate- it's very difficult.

Attachments

• Boxie Pen 012.jpg
    Boxie Pen 012.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 391
Back