• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Elemental Exotic's possible 2015 corn pairings.

And Carson (#2) shed and ate today as well, to the delight of it's future owner. So far we are 3 for 3 on eating. This one is a Classic.

DSC_3415_zpsr5qk3ghr.jpg

DSC_3416_zpsitnh7sur.jpg

DSC_3417_zpspk6uqsnf.jpg

We've agreed it looks like he has an angel on his head.

DSC_3418_zpsaiu26w37.jpg

DSC_3419_zpswun3vcyb.jpg

DSC_3420_zps9hee7k2u.jpg

DSC_3421_zps5fqetgro.jpg

DSC_3422_zpsstltru0z.jpg

MxR51510-4 shed and ate today. Did not want to cooperate with pictures! I think this one is going to have some especially fine colors as an adult.

DSC_3426_zpsle4hmupv.jpg

DSC_3427_zps36olsrfy.jpg

DSC_3428_zpspjdggpj8.jpg

DSC_3429_zps7ydvzwrv.jpg

DSC_3430_zpswl9imqfn.jpg

DSC_3431_zpsl91uwae5.jpg

DSC_3432_zpsrhanyfmj.jpg

DSC_3433_zpsaqghnuen.jpg

DSC_3434_zpsuhucoyyz.jpg

DSC_3435_zpsife0m50a.jpg

DSC_3436_zpsvqlq6myz.jpg

We were out of town for 2 days and while we were gone, #5, #6, #7 and #8 all shed. Offered them their first meals last night and all of them ate. So we are 8 for 8 on eating so far.
They did not want to cooperate with pictures, except for #6 who wasn't bad.
MxR51515-6, Caramel and the one with the craziest pattern.

DSC_3442_zpsweeyzxgi.jpg

DSC_3443_zps1fvjctzi.jpg

DSC_3444_zpscccsa17a.jpg

DSC_3445_zpszmmsebq4.jpg

DSC_3447_zpsdutajtbc.jpg

DSC_3448_zpsatflrnmj.jpg

DSC_3449_zpspfkeyj7r.jpg

DSC_3450_zpsc1gylxsk.jpg

Thank you!

Said elsewhere, but don't remember if I said here. Final tally was 6 Classic Tessera and 6 Caramel Tessera. So nearly sure that Max is in fact a homo Tessera and he proved his 66% het Caramel. And I was misremembering on his het Motley, I'd been thinking it was 100% for some reason but it's 66% and based on this clutch, probably not there. So all in all, I'm super jazzed by this clutch!
Unfortunately the last 2 eggs kind of dimmed that a bit, one was a pretty near full term Classic Tessera DIE with nothing I could see wrong with it and the other one, a Caramel Tessera, failed to absorb it's yolk. It seems to be doing well so far though, although quite small. So fingers crossed it keeps going strong!

Last edited:
MxR51715-9, the last Classic. #9 and #10 all shed and ate today and 1 thru 4 ate for the second time. We are 10 for 10 on eating. Just waiting for the final baby to shed.

DSC_3500_zpsmevhfgz6.jpg

DSC_3498_zpsmlsd1euk.jpg

DSC_3497_zpstyqsdh5d.jpg

DSC_3496_zpsbvbeqjww.jpg

DSC_3495_zpsuca3xazy.jpg

DSC_3494_zpsrzcqpist.jpg

DSC_3492_zpsjwa37iil.jpg

DSC_3491_zpsgd0nj9p4.jpg

Here is MxR52115-11, the last baby. Hasn't shed yet. I really like the markings on this one's head!

DSC_3468_zpskx6zqn4k.jpg

DSC_3469_zpstztqunqd.jpg

DSC_3470_zpsxizcsk4n.jpg

DSC_3471_zpsluue8fwq.jpg

Have two new pips this morning, another Albino African House snake and the first pip of Tavia and Vash's clutch. Only got pictures of the corn pip. Of course it ducked back in when I got the camera! But looks like a Classic and probably with some major masque head patterns from Daddy.

DSC_3501_zpsm4gsyhd1.jpg

DSC_3502_zpsvq0scvnf.jpg

Double thanks for Max, Lars!

Now up to 6 pips in Tavia's clutch, can only see 4 of them well enough to guess but looking like either Classics or Hypos.

Last corn baby is out this morning, the biggest one at 9.4 grams. The smallest of the clutch was 7.3 grams and most were around 8.4. All appear to be Classics, so I guess that's three genes I can put Tavia down as not having.

DSC_3626_zps3rzxvb3r.jpg

DSC_3627_zpspfgjk4tn.jpg

DSC_3628_zpsmkjreosu.jpg

These were from Tavia, Classic Petco corn with no background paired with Vash, Phantom, poss homo but at the least het Anery A. So would be testing for Hypo, very common het to have, Anery A, another very common het and Charcoal, not quite as common but not rare either.

Though if I'd have "known" Max was a homo Tessera, I might have paired them up instead. I'm actually thinking about maybe trying a later season pairing between Stormy and Max, they have no hets in common that I know of but I've had a lot of local interest in the Classic Tessera. Unfortunately, the Tessera clutch is super female heavy, 1.9, didn't check the tiny Caramel baby. Some male Tessera would be nice to have!

Back