• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Post Your Viv!!

BLUTENGEL ..... FOR THE WIN!!!!

Applause.gif

My snake apartments in the living room:

herpteks_woonkamer_800.jpg

The ones in the computer room:

herpteks_computerkamer_800.jpg

The vivs in the computer room are on a table now, but will be put on wheeled shelfs so I'll have two more rows of vivs to buy this year :)

I have this set-up in most cages, a hide, a hide made of a plastic cup, a vine, water bowel and tree. I have the tree in most cages and it's scared me a few times.

Albie vanished from my cage one time, i pulled everything out and cleaned the aspen out and everything..i could not find Albie anywhere. I finally noticed that on the bottom of the tree there is a hole where he got into somehow. took me awhile to get him out, had to use a pinkie to lure him out haha.

Bandit (who's no longer with us) was coiled up on one of the branches one time when i took everything out of the cage to clean it. i looked in the hole and couldn't see him so i set the tree on the table and started looking around on the floor, behind the bookshelf, movie shelves, tv, under the couch etc etc etc etc....finally i thought he was just gone...so i continued to clean the cage and to look for him more once i got it all back in and when i grabbed the tree off the table to put it back i noticed little bandit coiled up on one of the branches...i had a pretty good laugh on that one..

Now all my trees are stuffed with paper towels so they can't get in the hole.

This picture is taken of the cage Dorky is in right now...if you notice the tape strips on the bottom right of the cage on the vent thing that is where Dorky got into because it used to always pop open when closing and opening the cage, i thought i lost him as well, took me awhile to find him in there..never thought of looking.

DSC00919.jpg

DSC00926.jpg

DSC00931.jpg

Vine and Hammock.

Decadence- Loving the additions!

Blutengel-That's crazy... What kind of cages are those? And with the sliding glass front, isn't there a gap in between the two pieces that something can get out? I saw that someone else had those on another site and i wasn't a member so i couldn't ask him. So i'm glad that you posted this :)

Thanks :) Those are Herpteks, imported through an exclusive dealer from the USA. There is indeed a gap in between the glass doors, so if I put a smaller snake in, I'll close it or at least make it smaller with self adhesive (soft) anti draught strips.

No, they are not available over here as far as I know. Importing them myself would have been very expensive.

Here is the Viv to go with My new Snow who we are calling Lightning since s/he has sat still since I brought her home yesterday
S4020050-1.jpg

S4020051.jpg

(I have moved the probe I didnt like where it was)

I bought it at Petsmart it was in with the fish stuff.

@ Blutengel yeah I was thinking about putting something in there to block the head so Lightning cant access that area but so far s/he is just ignoring it atm

Emily, that log thing in the right front corner has a secret hidden space that your snake can get into,
that you can't get him out of. I have those, but I cut off that blind limb, after having a heart attack
when I "lost" Jasper, which you can read all about if you search for Lost and Found Jasper...

Nanci....if it wasn't for this post, I would be a hot mess right now. I have that same crap log with the secret hiding spot (that will be tossed as soon as Perlman comes out of there.)

I went to Perlmans viv to feed him and couldn't find him anywhere. I sifted through all of his substrate about 20 times.....convinced that I had lost my little man, who is just barely a month old....so, he's TINY.

I still haven't seen him....so technically he's still "lost", but I'm convinced he didn't escape his viv. I have the kind of clips that basically have to be forced off with a screwdriver.

So.....I left his small pinkie in his feeding dish....and I'm hoping it will be gone in the morning.

But, that log is history once I get my little man outta there.

Back