• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Post Your Viv!!

Never had an issue with mud. I only mist once a week, more if the soil seems too dry. The grass does really well and the snake loves it!

Here is mine. Front and top view, screen lid is off on top view. Plain and simple. Ignore the Petco humidity gauge. I got the tank used from Petco for $2.

Snakey001.jpg

Snakey003.jpg

I really love that grass! How does it grow without sunlight? Or does a bulb work fine? OR does it not need any?

Thanks.

Grass is crazy, lol. Light dark it doesn't care too much as long as it gets some water now and then lol. Seems to me that cat grass or wheat grass might be best choices since they are grown inside without lights all the time by health nuts.

Here are my snake homes.

I recently bought some rocks, flowers, leaves, and vines at the dollar store and plan on decoration my tanks with them. So far I've only finished one tank. I'm working on the kingsnake's tank right now. only got a branch with some vine on it at the moment though. I will post updated pictures when all is finished.

These pictures were taking early in the morning and the sun was making a glare on the glass so the pictures didn't turn out well.

First we have Sylvara's house. It hasn't changed much since I got it. You can see the stick on thermometers but I assure you all my snakes have probe digital ones. I haven't been able to get those stupid stickers off without ripping. I'll have to get something to scrape them off with.

Second is Jormungandr;s house. His is the one I'm currently working on. Not much to look at right now.

Last is Sigyn's house. I've finished hers and like how it turned out. Her hides are a tissue box cut in half because she refused to use store bought hides and I put those in for temporary hides but she loves them so they are staying. She rearranges the flowers a little when exploring but it's not too bad.

Wingedsweetheart- i like the vines in the last picture :)

Skully- Tang's looking good and looks like he loves his viv

Wow, I love the grass idea. Has anyone else done grass as well? My asthma can't take the aspen, but grass, that might be fine. Guess other than misting it a little, one just needs to take scissors and clip it once and a while? For poo clean up, farily easy (just rip out a little around the soiled area? I never thought about putting grass at the bottom, sure seems like it would be comfy... :) Final question, how long will that piece of sod really last, or do you change it out every few months for sanitary purposes? Oh, heat pad - assume you cut a grass opening or keep it thiner over the heat pad area?

Thanks.

My Viv.

What gorgeous Vivariums everyone has! I wish I had a glass one : P My baby Corn is arriving today sometime Via FedEx, so I thought I'd post my Vivarium to make sure it's ok for her : ) It's a 105 Quart Sterilite tub. I know it's really simple, but I only had a day to put it together haha xD Hehe, at least all my friends have things they can get me for christmas though! New hides and those climbing vines and stuff : )

Cold side is the left, warm is the right. There are three hides, and the flowers can be climbed through. Cold side is around 65, warm side on the substrate is 70 and in the hide over the heating pad is around 85.

121q5h3.jpg

i was thinking of using woodchip but having seen the grass i am leaning towards astro-turf now....

I currently use this brown reptile carpet which works rather well, along with some reptile wipes (for spot cleaning poo). Aspen and the like burns my eyes, and my asthma is most effected by that and certain animal dander.

At any rate, once my two 40g tanks come in, I'm still going with carpet; but this time I already went to a local hardware store and bought some indoor/outdoor thin brown carpet; they don't make reptile rugs in brown for tanks that are 40g or larger in size (just the color green). I'm too attached to the brown now and want to just keep it the same with the new tanks; and the cost from the hardware store was $7.45 for enough to cover four tank floors of my 40g tanks. I like having two extra rugs ready, as once a month during a feeding, I'll swap-out the rugs and put in two clean ones, then clean and store the other two until the following month.

anyone ever go so far as to create like hills or something? a high side and a low side? or maybe a valley in the middle with branches going across that to create a sort of a hide?

this is what i have for now. he was adopted short notice, so i got all of this on the fly. still working on getting some digital probe thermometers, and a full time heat source besides the lamp.

IMAG0444.jpg

i got an under tank heating pad and a digital thermometer with a probe, but the pad gets retarded hot even with this dimmer i got at home depot. the dimmer is on barely anything, and it still gets cranked up to like 120*. gonna have to work on that some more i think...

Back