• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

First hook-ups for me!!

Update:

I swear I'll never do this again..LOL (ok...i'm lying)

10 on the ground...4 to go...She looks beat up...wore out and scrawny....

It's 5:00pm

Well, when she's done, tomorrow, you can give her a couple fuzzies but expect her to go blue in just a few days, less than a week!

yeah,
had that in my notes.."offer A smaller than normal food item..when she's done laying" and a fuzzie or 2 would be perfect. Would Nutri-bac be warrented at this point?? Just to help??

well,
time to say goodnight all...gotta get up at 5:00am and put in my 12 hrs. Hopefully when i check on her in the morning she'll be finished. haven't been in there since 5:00pm..LOL it's killing me to not look...but i know that leaving her alone is the best thing i can do at this point.

Thank you!!!

airenlow was right.....as you can tell...i'm still awake! :) Might call in tomorrow.....it's pretty reasonable to call off work when your snake is laying eggs...
right?

LOL,

thanks...but seriously....I've done nothing but be on pins and needles. Nanci, airenlow,and susan.....and the 2 snakes it took to make these babies.....for the most part...are the ones that deserve the credit....without thier guidance,and knowledge...i'd be a puddle of mush right now. Opps..almost forgot...okeeteemom for allowing me to be the closet comedian i am! :)

ok writing this via cell phone. Checked this morning. She didnt pass the llast 3 eggs. If she hasnt by 5:00 pm when i get home i'll call the vet. She's not looking too good this morning. Nanci,should i try to massage the eggs out?

Thinking nothing but good thoughts for your Momma' snake...and you.
meditation.gif

Ok, I'm home now..and i've checked on her....she laid 1 more..so thats 12 of 14. 2 left...took a few pics to kinda give you an idea of whats concerning me...they are close to the vent...I think they are large and it's taking everything she's got to get them out 1 by 1. So..heres the pics....Again...i dont think she's egg bound as much as i think she's just too worn out to push those suckers out..because..when one is laid the next one moves into postion to be laid.

Attachments

• 2left1.JPG
    2left1.JPG
    249.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 2left2.JPG
    2left2.JPG
    210.4 KB · Views: 91
I wonder if she would like a nice drink of water, or if that would disturb her too much. Well, she's making progress. I am not experienced enough to advise you about when you need to start worrying (more). I think, with only two left, I would just see what has happened by morning. Have you talked to the vet? I was always afraid when Cherry had the retained slug, that if I talked to the vet, I might end up signing her up for surgery or something, when she didn't really need it. Not like my vet has ever rushed me into anything, take the retained spectacle for instance, but it still made me nervous. I wish we would have talked about all the "what ifs" before they actually happened.

her water dish is located just outside the lay box...she can reach it with minimal effort. Haven't Spoke with the vet yet. was wondering, seeing how they are close to the vent...If i could take that route to aspirate the egg...if it comes to that. But where the heck do you get a hypodermic needle?? cause no-one will believe me that it will be used for aspirating a snake egg! LOL . I guess i could see if the vet would sell me some.

Back