• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

CornSnake in the wild.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would I like to find that in my backyard? Very much, thanks!

Gee, someone could do a thesis about what survives and reproduces on Rich & Connie's grounds......assuming of course that the bears and squirrels didn't eat the prospective scholar!

oooo I would have scooped him up too! Beautiful! I always think the wild is tough ...I like to baby my souls.
I know Im not the norm though~

I am not sure whose house it would be more fun to go looking for Cornsnakes at?? Rich's or Stephen Wagner's? lol

Its ok, the late night chat people would understand this one. ;)

Personally Rich, I think you should set up herping adventures on your land. The person who finds the most extravagant snake wins 100 bucks. Of course, you will charge money for these herping trips and make money on the side........Depending on how much you charged I'd be there in a heartbeat..lol

One of the things we plan on doing during retirement is to cut a bunch of hiking and biking trails all through our property. Honestly, we have never even walked over most of our land yet.

As for having herping adventures here, nah, too much liability involved. Imagine someone stepping onto something like this (Connie found it along the path one day while dumping compost)......

Attachments

• rattler01.jpg
    rattler01.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 274
  • rattler02.jpg
    rattler02.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 274
With something like that on your property you don't need a watch dog just post a sign beware of with its picture. No worries of people wandering onto your land. Lol

Odds are all your released snakes will die. It`s cruel. Let the wild ones live there and stop trying to change mother nature. Sell them and make a few bucks. Morphs don`t do well in the wild. Maybe one in a million will survive..

Odds are all your released snakes will die. It`s cruel. Let the wild ones live there and stop trying to change mother nature. Sell them and make a few bucks. Morphs don`t do well in the wild. Maybe one in a million will survive..

Dude... they were gonna die in captivity anyways. He only released the ones that would have otherwise been stuck in the freezer. At least he gave them a chance to live in the wild. He already said that. Maybe you should read before you post.

Dude. Other people wanted them and he didn`t give them a chance.Did you read that?. Dude.

Rich bred them. I'd say going to live outside in FL beats the heck out of the freezer, and if some survive, great, and if not, at least they had a chance. You want some of Rich's snakes, he sold off his remaining stock and you can buy from that organization.

Personally I think it's pretty cool there are snakes carrying Rich's hets living on his property. In a generation or 2 they will all be normal corns with interesting hets. In 20 or 30 years, people will hopefully be going field herping there!

If those captive bred morhs could talk they would say, Please don`t release me! Give someone a chance to let me live..
"The chance of them surviving are like hitting the lotto.. I think the photo is a scam anyway unless it was recently released and found again.

If those captive bred morhs could talk they would say, Please don`t release me! Give someone a chance to let me live..
"The chance of them surviving are like hitting the lotto.. I think the photo is a scam anyway unless it was recently released and found again.

Really? So you're a snake psychic now? What about the morphs that originally came from the wild, like the anerys? Seriously, to be saying this is a scam is insulting one of the most well respected members of the community.

Just my opinion

I was just stating my opinion. It also much colder in north fl. than s.fl. where I live..It never freezes here, and that brings the chances of survival down. At least try to keep it til the spring and let them grow up in warm weather...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back