• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I heard the MOST annoying thing about Corns....

Whenever I hear the name Hermione, I always think of Hermione Gingold. Of Gigi....Bell, Book, and Candle....Music Man....fame

Good Golly! This thread turned into a whopper didn't it? Emily, you stated that you were angry because your family was using religion as a way to debase you and your love of snakes. We all backed you up in agreeing that was wrong. They even stated you were "trashy" for owning a snake. Again, backed you up on that! But then you twisted it around to make it sound like everybody was attacking your family and your religion when in reality you kindda asked for it,didn't you? I'm confused? And if you do take the Bible as literally as you state,then really you should be believing the same things as your family members. Right? Again, color me confused.

Actually, I was aking for other snake stories like mine. I didn't need any backing up, or people talking about my family. So you shouldn't be confused.

Just a thought... Emily hasn't responded all day. Maybe she was out or maybe she's decided that we'll all have to agree to disagree or perhaps she got offended and left. Why not give her the benefit of the doubt and let this thread just die instead of piling on? I'm sure that she was just venting when she started the thread, but didn't expect people to attack her family - even if mildly. That's why she rose up in defense of them and their beliefs. We're all different, but I think most of us would defend our loved ones too - no matter how wrong (or right) they might be.

I just think that she's new and we should grant her some "understanding" - without giving up our own principles or requiring her to give up her own of course.

Just my thought... Hopefully some of you share it with me.
I wasn't here responding because I am trying to study for some final exams for college...I can't just sit and argue all day, nothing would ever get done :D

And I can assure you, I will not give up my couse. My God, The only God, is good and I will always, always, always beleive that and tell it to everyone. You people aren't gonna change my beleifs...

Thanks for the thing about my family, like I said...I started this with the intention of hearing other stories like mine...just wanted to know if alot of people have heard that. It wasn't ever a bash my religion/family thing. But this discussion is good...I hope some people have learned something about my faith and my God. The only God :)

Is this like the people in the boxes? I still don't get that.

I believe I coined that phrase! Ufortunaly........actually I went back and read that last week and I LMAO! I didn't even get it! Any way Emily most people don't like snakes because they are uneducated or ignorant...or both. You have to live with that it is one of negatives of being a snake owner

Even with all being said about people that don't want to be educated about snakes, the ignorant, stubborn people, isn't it human nature to be afraid of snakes. It's the same reason people are afraid of fire, heights, even the dark. Evolution has taught us to fear things that might kill us. So isn't being angry at a person that won't listen when you say its safe, is the same as being angry at a person who is scared of the dark.

Well that’s two questions. First off I try to not get angry for any reason. Circle the word try. But it has nothing to do with people’s phobias.

Children are not born afraid of anything. They are taught to be afraid. Don’t go out in the street, don’t get too close to the edge, that’s going to burn you honey. None of my children are afraid of snakes because I never taught them to be.

Go to any pet store and stand around in the reptile isle. Listen to what mommy is teaching her children. Be careful that will bite you, eewwww, I hate snakes, you can’t have that it will choke you to death. No honey they have germs.

Well that’s two questions. First off I try to not get angry for any reason. Circle the word try. But it has nothing to do with people’s phobias.

Children are not born afraid of anything. They are taught to be afraid. Don’t go out in the street, don’t get too close to the edge, that’s going to burn you honey. None of my children are afraid of snakes because I never taught them to be.

Go to any pet store and stand around in the reptile isle. Listen to what mommy is teaching her children. Be careful that will bite you, eewwww, I hate snakes, you can’t have that it will choke you to death. No honey they have germs.

you must spread some more reputation around before giving it to wade again.

Great post wade!!!!!

thats
* retarted snakes are buetiful in there own specal way and god made thm for a reson what they said is **

Last edited by a moderator:
Back