• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I heard the MOST annoying thing about Corns....

I dislike this approach... why should we believe that was are less than those who came before us? That simply assures that we won't make any effort.
I see no reason why I should consider myself less intelligent than people came before me.
Once, people thought the world was flat- every generation made contributions to the general progression of mankind, in all fields.

To me it simply sounds like an excuse... if they didn't manage to figure it out, I probably won't either.
Meh,
Dare to dream, is all I am saying. That's how discoveries are made.

Beyond that though, I totally agree with Fred here. Though I don't see why she should end up being offended... No one here at least from what I saw, was sniping at her.

She believes A, some believe B, some C... as long as it is discussed in a polite manner... no one can take responsibility for how she decides to take it.

Is it counter productive that I responded... eh, maybe. But I had to respond to that quote there.

Now I am shooshing :)

Christianity is based on faith. Faith is the assurance of things not seen. It is assurance based on the spiritual, not the material.

To quote Madonna, we are living in a material world. It is impossible to prove anything based on the unseen, the spiritual.

And, it is impossible to prove the non-existence of the spiritual. How can you prove something does not exist that has no material substance? Even the body of Christ Himself is no longer on Earth according to the Bible.

Not an excuse at all, and not a cop-out. We feel the wind, yet we can't see it. We see the effects of the wind. The only effects we experience of the spiritual realm are always internal. You simply cannot prove what you experience internally to anyone. And someone else can not disprove what you experience internally.

If you can tell me how to prove or disprove the spiritual, then you have just accomplished something far superior than discovering electricity, or how to smash an atom, or gain power from atomic reactions.

Einstein himself could not prove or disprove the spiritual, nor Stalin, Hitler, Darwin, or Aristotle.

PGODP.jpg

Christianity is based on faith. Faith is the assurance of things not seen. It is assurance based on the spiritual, not the material.

To quote Madonna, we are living in a material world. It is impossible to prove anything based on the unseen, the spiritual.

And, it is impossible to prove the non-existence of the spiritual. How can you prove something does not exist that has no material substance? Even the body of Christ Himself is no longer on Earth according to the Bible.

Not an excuse at all, and not a cop-out. We feel the wind, yet we can't see it. We see the effects of the wind. The only effects we experience of the spiritual realm are always internal. You simply cannot prove what you experience internally to anyone. And someone else can not disprove what you experience internally.

If you can tell me how to prove or disprove the spiritual, then you have just accomplished something far superior than discovering electricity, or how to smash an atom, or gain power from atomic reactions.

Einstein himself could not prove or disprove the spiritual, nor Stalin, Hitler, Darwin, or Aristotle.

The fact that you or I cannot at this point think of a way to do so, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I assure you that a generation ago the thought that we would be flying seemed as absurd as the possibility of proving that there is a God.
Our perception and capability of thinking is very much limited to what we know and have grown with throughout our lives.
Things change though. I call nothing "impossible". If You and I, or even the whole of mankind up to this point, failed. It doesn't mean that in the future someone won't be able to succeed. Every major discovery, invention, or whatever, happened at SOME point, after many tried and failed, or simply thought it was impossible.

I think that history is full of fine examples of how an idea that seemed impossible became reality thanks to the efforts of a man or woman dedicated enough.

I don't think that's in anyway different and you won't convince me otherwise.

She believes A, some believe B, some C... as long as it is discussed in a polite manner... no one can take responsibility for how she decides to take it.

Dude, you totally forgot MY belief. I believe very strongly in PANDAS. I can't believe you left that out. What are you trying to say, man?! :realhot:

Wade, the reason why you were late to the last party is because you were b-listed. Sorry, it sucks, but that's life. ;)

Dude, you totally forgot MY belief. I believe very strongly in PANDAS. I can't believe you left that out. What are you trying to say, man?! :realhot:

Well I meant all letters... so... believing in P should apply too :)
You are a P follower! (which sounds rather... erm)

:)

Mike, the last time I came late to a party, you told me to Butt Out.
You followed me here didn't you? This is my party now, so butt out... again :nyah:!

Now, can someone post an albino Panda please? I'm really curious what they look like.

I know I'm going back a few days, but just stumbled on this..
My wife is a Jehovah's Witness.
Our house has 22 snakes, including 10 corns, and they were her idea.
O.
M.
G.
:roflmao:
In the spirit of irony and fun and all-inclusiveness and all-acceptance.....THAT has got to be the Post Of The Week...!!!
:roflmao:

The fact that you or I cannot at this point think of a way to do so, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I assure you that a generation ago the thought that we would be flying seemed as absurd as the possibility of proving that there is a God.
Our perception and capability of thinking is very much limited to what we know and have grown with throughout our lives.
Things change though. I call nothing "impossible". If You and I, or even the whole of mankind up to this point, failed. It doesn't mean that in the future someone won't be able to succeed. Every major discovery, invention, or whatever, happened at SOME point, after many tried and failed, or simply thought it was impossible.

I think that history is full of fine examples of how an idea that seemed impossible became reality thanks to the efforts of a man or woman dedicated enough.

I don't think that's in anyway different and you won't convince me otherwise.

When you come up with a way to measure something that does not exist, let me know :sidestep:

On planet earth there exist zero unicorns, zero pink elephants, and zero intellectuals in the District of Columbia.

Prove it. Why should I take your word for it? Where is the proof of their non-existence? Just because no one has seen any? Are there pink snakes? Why can't there be pink elephants?

I will give you the last one, though :roflmao:

Prove it. Why should I take your word for it? Where is the proof of their non-existence? Just because no one has seen any? Are there pink snakes? Why can't there be pink elephants?

.....have given out too much rep in last 24 hours, please try again later...
So, knox, I will try again later.

Thanks for being a good sport. :D

Last edited:

I am going to call you Xenophilius Lovegood from now on.

Mods... please change Knox's name. ;)

"...what about the stone, Mr. Lovegood? The thing you call the resurrection stone?"
"What of it?"
"Well how can that be real?"
"Prove that it is not," said Xenophilius.
Hermione looked outraged.
"But that's-- I'm sorry, but that's completely ridiculous! How could I possibly prove it doesn't exist?...I mean, you could claim that anything's real if the only basis for believing in it is that nobody's proved it doesn't exist!"

Book 7, Chapter 21, page 411

Also, Eric, from now on I shall call you Hermione.

Do not use the words Hermione and lick in the same sentence. Don't even think of Hermione. She is special.

Back