• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

!!!! My Unexpected EGGS !!!!

haha you guys are giving me a really good reason to go and buy a new snake! lol
hey...if anyone wants to come round and pick them up of me to feed to your king snakes, feel free! lol

I highly reccommend a Florida King.
My girl is a patternless goini and I am completely head over heels for her already.
She was a gift from another member here.

Oh, and best of luck with the 4 good looking eggs :)

I highly reccommend a Florida King.
My girl is a patternless goini and I am completely head over heels for her already.
She was a gift from another member here.

Oh, and best of luck with the 4 good looking eggs :)

thank you!
i saw your new king snake in the general chit chat thread that you posted!
very nice indeed!

Thank you!
I'll be posting a proper introduction thread for her as soon as I have time to give her a photo shoot.

Hey congrats on the new eggs! Can't wait to see what comes out of them :)

I think getting a kingsnake is a great idea :) it would really help the slug egg issue and also would be just a great addition :)

Hey congrats on the new eggs! Can't wait to see what comes out of them :)

I think getting a kingsnake is a great idea :) it would really help the slug egg issue and also would be just a great addition :)

thanks maize!

unfortunately it doesnt look like the 11 bad eggs are going to make it at all, i think i wil give them til morning and then throw them out!

the remaining 4 are sill looking 'ok' but they have some patches on them were they look a bit dodgey but compared to the others they look great! still got hope for them!

wow! i have been to the cinema tonight and when i got in i have found that she has layed another 6 eggs! One of which looks pretty good like the others and i held it up to the light and i could see veins!!!!

thats 21 eggs in total with 5 half descent ones!!!!

im so proud of my girl but she is SOOO tyred right now! i gave her another spray down and left 3 pinkies in with her.

she hasnt eaten any yet but she seems to be slowly checking them out. im going to turn the lights off and go to bed soon so once its dark she may eat them.
if she does eat them though shal i offer her some her tomorrow or leave it til the day after? i wanna get this girls strength back up!

Congrats, what an awesome surprise for you.
At least you know at least that the egg you saw veins in is good.
Something anxiously to look forward to.

Ciao

ye i know!

i woke up this morning to find another 5 eggs laid with more to come, her vent area is looking pretty swolen at the min. I think she may have a big slug coming. Hope she passes it ok!

thats 30 eggs all together! could you emagine if theyd have all been fertile!

i think she may be stuck on an egg, her vent is swolen and there is deffinately something there but she doesnt seem to be passing it.
any advice on how i can help her if she doesnt manage to get it out?
no doubt it will be a big slug!

Wow congratulations Brett, I hope your girl recovers soon & I read somewhere where you can message her to help get one out. Might do a search? I am sure though more help will be coming from knowledgeable breeders to help you.
Guess this confirms my question in the Thread I posted a couple weeks ago on retained sperm.
It will be exciting to find out what the Fab Five are. :)

Wow congratulations Brett, I hope your girl recovers soon & I read somewhere where you can message her to help get one out. Might do a search? I am sure though more help will be coming from knowledgeable breeders to help you.
Guess this confirms my question in the Thread I posted a couple weeks ago on retained sperm.
It will be exciting to find out what the Fab Five are. :)

hey tim!

indeed it will be very exciting to see what they are, i know i keep saying it but i am preying that they make it through! lol they a small but they dont look bad at all. They arent dimpled and they are pretty solid.
il post some more pics of the eggs soon.

im going to give my girl a good few hours yet to see if she can pass the egg. She is so worn out though shes hardly moving and she didnt eat any pinkies that i left with her last night.

I really hopes someone comes along soon to help you.
And after laying 30 eggs she needs a spa treatment lol.
I hope everything works out for the mystery clutch. It will be very exciting to see what pips from them. :)
And I hope Dizzles recovers soon. Keep me updated this will be fun to follow.
Good luck Brett if needed.

Start giving her gentle massages to help her pass the one egg. If she doesn't pass soon, I'd say take her to a vet before something bad happens.

****HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF!****

She has just passed the egg! il be gobsmacked if she has anymore in there! she looks spent!
all in all thats 31 eggs and the big one she just passed didnt actually look as bad as i thought so i have put it in with the good eggs to give it a chance.

here are some more pics!

the slugs (which i am going to throw out in a minute once i have posted this).....

2009_0304pictures0004.jpg

2009_0304pictures0005.jpg

2009_0304pictures0006.jpg

2009_0304pictures0007.jpg

and may baby pushing out what MUST be the last one (the one which i thought looked not half bad)

2009_0304pictures0008.jpg

2009_0304pictures0009.jpg

i know one of the good eggs looks a bit browner than the others, il keep an eye on that one!

Back