• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Live Egg Cam

FYI that first one looks to be an anery. And yes, it'll pop the head in and out for probably 24 hours before choosing to leave the egg...pretty much all at once. They stay in their shell, getting their lungs working and absorbing the egg yolk. They will leave once the egg yolk is completely absorbed.

As to when the rest will pip...most of my clutches will all pip within 2-3 days of each other, but I've had some stretch it out nearly a week. :eek1:

Wow- that's sooooo exciting!!! I had another idea...It's a novel idea to get everyone to keep an eye on your snakes progress for you so you can get on with other stuff!

Thankyou sooo mych for sharing that with us, my boyfriend thinks I'm crazy for getting such a thrill out of watching someone elses eggs hatch over a web-cam!!

This is really fun. :D

They take some time between pipping and coming out. Mine usually stay pipped for 24-48 hours before emerging.

They generally pip within a day or two of each other, but I had one clutch of 20 that took an entire week from first pip to last pip, so this could be going on for a while. I hope they finish up soon though, because the next clutch is only 4 days behind them. :D (Another one of Hurley's clutches of course, mine are all only a couple weeks old so far...)

This is a great idea. Now all I need is a camera phone and a webcam to set one up to play over the cell system. That way I can watch my christmas in july durring class. I had to miss it last year because school was too important, so I only got to see three of the snakes emerge, and only got to catch about six of them pipping (this is out of twelve total hatchlings). I don't want to miss a single moment of mine this year.

Man! Just when it's getting really good, I have to leave for a 6 week school in Panama City :awcrap:

When a snake pips, they do go in and out of their eggs almost constantly. It's so they get used to using their muscles.

i was just wondering if the hatchlings know what derection is up when there in egg by using gravity, or they just pop out some were.

Seems like when they are first "switched on" they start writhing around and the egg tooth makes slits in the eggshell wherever it hits. I don't think they necessarily aim up, at the very beginning anyway. Then in the process of pushing around, their head pops out. That's what it looked like to me when I've observed it, at least.

I've sat fascinated as I watched one make slits by pushing all over on the egg from the inside, and then the head just shot out when it pushed on an opening. They then sit there and start breathing. I think for at least some length of time they're getting oxygen both from breathing and gas exchange through the eggshell into their bloodstream, at least until the connection breaks. (I wonder at what point the umbilical cord physically disconnects?)

Sometimes they get egg "goo" covering their nostrils and you can see that they are simply breathing the same air in and out of the bubble. It's pretty funny. Maybe we'll catch one of them doing it this year. :)

No, I'm not excited at all... :crazy02:

Can you tell me how you set it up to run on the site like that so I can try something like this?? It's awesome. That video cell phone will constantly be connected to the net so I can watch mine, I swear. lol
Anyways, waiting with anticipation for the hatchling to emerge ;).

i think i c the one coming out of the one on the left :) , im gonna try to do this when i start breeding leos around next year. can u post how u do it

The fog on the lid is getting a little worse this afternoon, but the little head has been making some appearances. LOL I'll get you all some clear shots when I get home tonight.

not sure...(the pic isn't as clear as it was this morning) but I think the second one in from the other end is starting!

right now the first one has it's little head poking out again. I love this!

Yeah, the second one from the left is definitely movin' about.
"Hey Dad, can you help me with my homework"
"Not now, I'm watching the egg cam"
This is too cool!

Back