• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Big adult & hatchling rack

Reviving an older thread... I did some more work on this rack. I added the almost last of the heat tape. There's still one spot on the bottom half that needs a strip of 4" tape but i have to remember to get some at the next expo...
The very last thing i have to do is just wire it all up, but the top won't be needed until next year, so maybe it'll be something to do when I get bored this winter.
So here's a couple new pix.
IMG_0654.jpg

And here's the back where all the wires are, yay :)
IMG_0656.jpg

Just wondering can someone post the dimensions, blue prints, plans etc. I know home depot cuts wood, and I would love to have something like this..

Thanks!

It all depends on what bins you use and their size, so unless your using the exact bins, the design I used would be useless to you.

I believe I use the same or very similar bins for the hatchlings Either way, I am willing to buy whatever bins are needed, as that is no big deal.

Thank You!

I got the bin's from Rona. The small bins are 6Qt bins 13.5"x8.25"x4.75"
The big bins I don't know as to I haven't been able to get the last 4 i need because they haven't had any in stock.

Here's a silly question. How heavy is the rack overall? I've been looking at building one out of melamine but it always seems so heavy.

It'll be heavy no matter what you make it out of, the more bins it can hold the heavier it will be.

At the moment, I'm using wire racking which is actually extremely light weight. Since it will have to be moved in the spring, I went with that. Once I get my snake room around May, I plan on building a few more stationary pieces. I just want to be able to move them when I need to though.

As long as you use screws, I would think you could take it apart to move it... Even more so if you are making your own.

I'll have to look and see if I can find the large totes here.

Thank You!

I'll be building a rack system as soon as I move Hilary. I'd be more than happy to help you out. Not like I'm doing much anyway. :p

Back