• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Post Your Viv!!

I'm hoping this is going to work. I'm having trouble posting pics. I just got a digital camera, so I can finally post to this thread. Here's my two vivs. The newspaper isn't natural looking, but I try to make the rest of the viv look natural. :)

Attachments

• test1.jpg
    test1.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 362
  • Test2.jpg
    Test2.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 362
  • test3.jpg
    test3.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 363
YAY Karoni, we finally get pix! Those Vivs are sweet. I use the exact same background.
Now...where's the kidsss????

Working on upgrading!

So the first 2 pics are my husband's corn, I took the first pic and then he was just too cute trying to say "can i come out now?" so i had to take another!

Then my colombian boa and my central american boa's tanks

Then the tubs that are anxiously awaiting the arrival of 2 black rat snakes! (i only took a pic of one, cuz they are set up exactly the same)

I realize i don't have some of the best equipment yet or a fantastic arrangement on the shelving, but we're saving up to upgrade all the heating and gauges, and my husband is designing and building a new caging system for us!

Once the new caging is in progress I'll post some pics of it *pinkie promise* :)

Attachments

• HPIM3515.JPG
    HPIM3515.JPG
    213 KB · Views: 348
  • HPIM3516.JPG
    HPIM3516.JPG
    207.7 KB · Views: 349
  • HPIM3517.JPG
    HPIM3517.JPG
    204.3 KB · Views: 349
  • HPIM3518.JPG
    HPIM3518.JPG
    204.3 KB · Views: 350
  • HPIM3519.JPG
    HPIM3519.JPG
    226 KB · Views: 348
here's my Viv. i wanted to recreate a corn snakes natural setting. not sure if i got it right though, looks more tropical than forest to me! but the cypress brings a more forest feel.

DSCN0203.JPG

DSCN0205.JPG

DSCN0207.JPG

i have a betta in the water bowl now. the snake usually drinks out of the waterfall now anyway!

to shaksnake: I love the betta in the bowl. I want to do the same thing, but I wasnt sure if it would be ok. Although the viv atmosphere is right on the water in my lil "pond" is very cold. If I put a betta in the water would it be a problem for my hatchling if she decided to take a drink or a swim? i hve a small water dish besides the pond. I want a waterfall in the future.

Heres mine... 20L Critter cage. Snake just ate so she's hiding digesting.

Hot end
hoti.jpg

cool end
coolvd.jpg

Repti-temp 500 thermostat for UTH, and dimmer for Red heat light on cool end for really cold nights
thermo.jpg

tankfj.jpg

Last edited:
karoni i love the plants in your viv.

Thanks, hetfeildfan. I got them at PetSmart. They come in a variety of sizes and plant species. I decided to stick mine to the side of the viv with the suction cup. My snakes like to play tarzan in their vines. ;)

I added a vine and hammock to my cage, I got pictures that ill post tonight. I'm surprised that the snake likes the hammock, she sits up there every night....(Sits?)......lays?....coils? Whatever the term is you like to use. And one day ill figure out a name for her instead of "the snake" just nothing has come to mind yet.

I added a vine and hammock to my cage, I got pictures that ill post tonight. I'm surprised that the snake likes the hammock, she sits up there every night....(Sits?)......lays?....coils? Whatever the term is you like to use. And one day ill figure out a name for her instead of "the snake" just nothing has come to mind yet.

Sienna loves hers, too. She's up there pretty much every night. I took a chance on buying it and am happy it's worked out so well.

Sienna loves hers, too. She's up there pretty much every night. I took a chance on buying it and am happy it's worked out so well.

Riddick loves his too, He's not crazy about climbing but i give him stuff so i can say that it's not that i don't give him any chances to climb! lol. I only catch him climbing about once or twice a week but i'm not checking in the dead of the night either. I do see him using everything so i'm happy with all of my purchases!

my corn's viv - partitioned 3ft viv cos hes a hatchie.

Beautiful viv and cute little snake! I love all the vines! I would totally do something like that if I had the patience to pull it all out every feeding to inspect for poop. For some reason my corns love to poop on the plants I have in there for them. They are kind of a pain to clean too.

My snake apartments in the living room:

herpteks_woonkamer_800.jpg

The ones in the computer room:

herpteks_computerkamer_800.jpg

The vivs in the computer room are on a table now, but will be put on wheeled shelfs so I'll have two more rows of vivs to buy this year :)

My snake apartments in the living room:

herpteks_woonkamer_800.jpg

The ones in the computer room:

herpteks_computerkamer_800.jpg

The vivs in the computer room are on a table now, but will be put on wheeled shelfs so I'll have two more rows of vivs to buy this year :)

WOW.. so many snakes. I'm trying to learn how to take care of just one. LOL

Back