• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

First hook-ups for me!!

RICH! I missed this thread because I was gone for a few weeks. I just read every post. As usual, you're freakin' hilarious. Your excitement is nothing but infectious. This is fun and wonderful. I wish nothing but the best in health and an easy lay (lol) for your momma snake. :D

RICH! I missed this thread because I was gone for a few weeks. I just read every post. As usual, you're freakin' hilarious. Your excitement is nothing but infectious. This is fun and wonderful. I wish nothing but the best in health and an easy lay (lol) for your momma snake. :D

well..i dunno never tried....but holmes (male phantom) didn't seem to have any trouble!!! Really,she's beautiful and all..just not my type...ya know? Anyway, it's good to hear from you, i'm hoping she's not having to much trouble with this LAY!...sorry couldn't resist. No change as of yet..will offer 2nd LAY(HeHeHe) box tonight. Just to see if she likes it better...(i need to stop!!).

(this message was written via cell phone...sitting outside a nail salon at wal-mart....waiting on the 14 yr old to finish getting her "new" nails! UGH!!!) What? How much....$33.00 fricking what??!! OMG!!! 33.00 fricking $$$ for 10 SMALL pieces of plastic and super glue!!! You have GOT to be kidding me.....!! Ugh...

Last edited:
Well just for the grounding she'll probably rebel and go the full time or even a day later just to be spiteful ;)
LOL! and as far as the nails go that's a pretty good price, around my area the cheapest is around $50, it really is harder being a girl :)

Rich- you might need to start having stern talks with her. My second snake has clutched now- you need to get going! Have you been talking her out for gentle maternity walkies? Well, 11 or 12 days- you're getting close now.

Nanci,

yes...i've had her out a few times...which is how i felt the "bumps" Last night i gave her a few more lay box options...just in case the others werent to her liking...gonna check on her right now....it's 5:30am.....Well,nothing!!! Somewhere in kathy's book, theres a part there that explains...if she's ovulated and a breeding has taken place...but the male proves infertile....the female will have "lumps" and look gravid, but never produce eggs..she'll just return to her normal size over time.
I'm beginning to wonder. at any rate...I have a local Vet in the loop just in case. She has Corns as pets...So that made me feel better. she's a Reptile vet.

Well just for the grounding she'll probably rebel and go the full time or even a day later just to be spiteful ;)
LOL! and as far as the nails go that's a pretty good price, around my area the cheapest is around $50, it really is harder being a girl :)

well,
when i "Grounded" her..just like a teenager...she looked right at me...And stuck out her tongue!!! It just added to my frustration.

Rich- aren't you at 12 days post shed or something? That's the normal time frame! Stop worrying- she's going to lay any day now.

Nanci,

yeah...I know...day 12 your correct. She looks good.....i'm just amped up..sorry.
:)
I gotta tell ya...you & Airenlow have been my "Rock" though all of this. And while i know we're a LONG way from the finish line...i just wanted to say thank you for all your help,comments,insight,lectures?....it helps me stay focused on the task without letting my worrisome (Sp?) mind take over.

I just gotta say - I don't think I'd have the patience for snake breeding!! Just reading this thread is making me all tense - *I* want those babies to be laid, and I have absolutely no attachment to them what-so-ever!

Kitties - you put the cats together and WHAM - 60 days later you have kitties. Not eggs. Not ANOTHER waiting period after that. Just breed - incubate - BABIES! Same with dogs... Even humans to an extent.

Snakes?!? I had no idea it was like, Breed. Wait. Breed again. wait for a shed. WAIT for the lay. WAIT FOR THE BABIES.

I'd die. I'm WAY TOO IMPATIENT.

:) Good luck. I really honestly can't wait for the eggs. I'm just upset I'll have to wait ANOTHER 60+ days for babies ;)

I just read every post and I have to say I LOVE this thread :laugh:

I'm also waiting for the first step...

Thanks everyone for the kind words!! And It thrills me to know there are others out there that enjoy this thread. I swear..the Second those suckers come out of her...i'll be posting pics like there's no tomorrow!!! the only fear i have now is that she'll "Slug out" on me and we'll dissappoint all you wonderful people! She's had her lecture for the day. Gave her some fresh water. And while i was in there...i think theres a "Lump" within 1/2 inch of her vent....Tonight could be the night? But it's hard to really get a good look without actually moving her..which at this point...i won't be doing. everybody's fingers & toes crossed???

AliasI....is that okeetee one of yours?? Now THATS a nice okeetee!!!!

Last edited:
I'm super jazzed for you too (with every crossable part crossed)! Way to distract me from my studies... here it's 9:30pm and I still have a paper to write, and all I can think about is "I wonder how it's going!" :eek:

Eggs?!? DO WE HAVE EGGS?!?

I'm on the edge of my seat here :)

This thread is helping me forget what babies I'M waiting for so in a way its helpful... ;)

Back