• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Whats the deal!

I don't know, Nancy...Mike and I are having a lovely chat about it right now via PM. Mike knows I like and respect him, whether or not I agree with him doesn't change that. But thanks for the stir! xo

If a member here is dissatisfied with a particular mod or the set-up then surely they can air their views in open forum? As long as they stay within the site rules on posting in general?
No flaming, no insults, no cursing, just adult discussion of how they feel?
(of course there is always the option of walking away and leaving the site, but if a person wants to suggest changes that they perceive will improve the site then surely they have a voice?)

I didn't mean to "stir" anything. I was just wondering WHY it wasn't alright for Mike to voice his opinion and be told if it were on a different forum he would have been banned for said opinion.
That's ALL I was asking.

I didn't mean to "stir" anything. I was just wondering WHY it wasn't alright for Mike to voice his opinion and be told if it were on a different forum he would have been banned for said opinion.
That's ALL I was asking.
I believe I answered that question in my original post on the subject.

I believe I answered that question in my original post on the subject.

I went and re-read your post and Mikes post. I didn't see any disrespect in his post. Yet that is what you saw. So I guess once again we all see things differently in posts made here and I personally am willing to accept that we will agree to disagree.

So, in your opinion Mike isn't allowed to voice his opinion? He wasn't bad mouthing the mods, just looking for others to apply. After what I've seen in this post alone I can't blame him for wanting some new blood here to maybe be able to be neutral on threads. That's just me and my opinion, and I know my opinion means nothing to anyone but me.
But that's the great thing about this site. We are allowed(or so I thought) to voice our opinions so long as we didn't break the rules.
This is where I put my foot in it and probably get myself banned....
But....
Haven't I read everywhere, on this site over the last couple of weeks, about freedom of speech and the great American fight for freedom etc etc etc...
except where it disagrees with your ideas???
I'll say out loud what I said to Lori.... Just a shorter to the point version....
When I arrived here at CS.com, mods had only just been invented and MIKE, DEANO and SUSAN, posted regularly and wittily...
I've noticed that as of late Susan and Deano seem a little stressed at the work load that being a mod brings and they are spending too much time doing clerical work rather than enjoying the forum...
MIKE never posts now... Maybe thats for some other reason I don't know about....... I personally like Deano and I would of probably hit it off with Susan had she not have had to moderate in my shouting matches.....
Mike is a music fan and I liked talking with him as well....
I'm not trying to lynch the mods.... I'd like to see them have some r'n'r once in a while.....
Thats the top and bottom of it and all sides from my point of view covered..... No ulteria motive, nothing sinister..... Just an observation about a place I like and people I respect..... Except when they shout at me... j/k thats a joke for the sensitive ones who missed it....

Voicing an opinion is one thing. A member taking it upon themselves to create a thread soliciting mod applications is another. I didn't have a big problem with Mike voicing his opinions in this thread, and he was at no risk of discipinary action for doing so. But the thread he posted was inappropriate, and there WILL be consequences for anyone who tries it again.

ok.....................so it's ok for moderators to use foul language in their posts?
It's ok for the moderators to call members 'whiny bitches'?
It's ok for moderators to moan about what a thankless task they have?
But members cannot express wishes for change?

Voicing an opinion is one thing. A member taking it upon themselves to create a thread soliciting mod applications is another. I didn't have a big problem with Mike voicing his opinions in this thread, and he was at no risk of discipinary action for doing so. But the thread he posted was inappropriate, and there WILL be consequences for anyone who tries it again.
So how could I complete my bet to find five applicants without advertising????
TBH... As I pressed send I thought... 'you just stepped in doo up to your neck Mike, you stupid......... B...... '
But I couldn't do much about it at that point.......

So, in your opinion Mike isn't allowed to voice his opinion? He wasn't bad mouthing the mods, just looking for others to apply. After what I've seen in this post alone I can't blame him for wanting some new blood here to maybe be able to be neutral on threads. That's just me and my opinion, and I know my opinion means nothing to anyone but me.

Did the rules of the site change? Are mods not allowed to their own opinion?

But that's the great thing about this site. We are allowed(or so I thought) to voice our opinions so long as we didn't break the rules.

But mods are not?

I don’t see any problem with expressing your dissatisfaction with a mod. I don’t see a problem with pointing out that a mod has crossed the line or broken the rules. I guess my complaint with Mike was when he opened it up for applications for the new mod position. I don’t think it is his place to remove old mods or hire new ones.

As for freedom of speech, when I disagree with you that doesn’t mean that I am denying you the right to say what you want. I fully defend your right to babble any kind of nonsense. I just don't agree with what you are saying.

Did the rules of the site change? Are mods not allowed to their own opinion?

But mods are not?

In my opinion mods should be lead by example. The examples I've seen lately have been pretty poor. This use to be a place I loved to come to to unwind in the mornings after work and was a place I didn't mind my kids coming to.
To be honest I"m not finding it very enjoyable when we see the mods themselves using profanity and giving their racist opinions for all to see.

Do mods have a right to voice their opinions? I guess I feel they can't wear 2 hats and either wear the hat of a mod or not.

But that is just my opinion and you can agree or not(I already know the answer). But that's ok, because I"m not a mod and I don't feel I have to lead by anyones example. Just as along as I don't say something that will affect my kids, I'm alright with voicing my opinion.

In my opinion mods should be lead by example. The examples I've seen lately have been pretty poor. This use to be a place I loved to come to to unwind in the mornings after work and was a place I didn't mind my kids coming to.
To be honest I"m not finding it very enjoyable when we see the mods themselves using profanity and giving their racist opinions for all to see.

Do mods have a right to voice their opinions? I guess I feel they can't wear 2 hats and either wear the hat of a mod or not.

But that is just my opinion and you can agree or not(I already know the answer). But that's ok, because I"m not a mod and I don't feel I have to lead by anyones example. Just as along as I don't say something that will affect my kids, I'm alright with voicing my opinion.
I'm pretty much in agreement with you there, I don't feel anyone, moderator or not should be using profanity or spouting bigotry on here.

I don’t think mods need to be an example. I do think they need to abide by the same rules as everyone else. I think if they don’t, we are all free to point that out to them and complain if we feel that is appropriate. I don’t see that anyone here is above the rules, unless maybe it’s Rich.

I don’t see any problem with expressing your dissatisfaction with a mod. I don’t see a problem with pointing out that a mod has crossed the line or broken the rules. I guess my complaint with Mike was when he opened it up for applications for the new mod position. I don’t think it is his place to remove old mods or hire new ones.

As for freedom of speech, when I disagree with you that doesn’t mean that I am denying you the right to say what you want. I fully defend your right to babble any kind of nonsense. I just don't agree with what you are saying.
I wasn't removing old mods to hire new ones.... I was asking who would like to apply to be a mod....
Susan said I couldn't find three to do it.... I said I bet I could find five to do it....
How was I supposed to win my bet? Knock and ask my neighbours if they wanted the job.... LOL
No, to win the bet I needed Five applicants off here..... Simple as that....
You would have to be a half wit to believe I could Hire or fire, we all know thats Rich's job and I didn't see his name anywhere near the thread.... Did you?

I wasn't removing old mods to hire new ones.... I was asking who would like to apply to be a mod....
Susan said I couldn't find three to do it.... I said I bet I could find five to do it....
How was I supposed to win my bet? Knock and ask my neighbours if they wanted the job.... LOL
No, to win the bet I needed Five applicants off here..... Simple as that....
You would have to be a half wit to believe I could Hire or fire, we all know thats Rich's job and I didn't see his name anywhere near the thread.... Did you?
Maybe you asking who would like to be a mod on here was a question that ruffled feathers, Mike.

Looks to me like Mike's taking applications. What do you think?

Attachments

• Mike (Small).JPG
    Mike (Small).JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 40
Back