• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Corn Snake Names

Jake the snake (the miami, did it because it rhymed and I liked it)
Missy the amel (couldn't think of a name and thats what I kept calling her so it stuck)

I only have two corns so I'll just go ahead and list all my snakes. Gonna include Snakewhisperer(Brandon)'s too because I helped name some :p

Drake - Amel corn (means "dragon" and I like dragons)

Lyra - Lavender corn (After the character Lyra in His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman)

Bella - Hog Island boa (because it means "beautiful")

Norbert - BRB (After the dragon in Harry Potter)

Veil - Ghost milk snake (Because its "evil" with the letters rearranged. Veil is VERY bitey and likes to fling poo all over whoever picks him up)

Jasmine - Ball python (Brandon named this one)

Ovid - Ball python (Brandon's name choice)

Luna - White-sided rat snake (Because the moon is white in a black night sky)

Aphrodite - Normal motley corn (Brandon's name)

Sandy - Sand boa (Brandon's name choice....so lame XD)

Ares - Tangerine honduran milksnake (Brandon's choice)

Athena - Albino tangerine honduran (Brandon's choice)

Sebastian - Black rat snake (Because I liked the name Sebastian at the moment.)

Asmodaeus - Red tail boa (After the snake in the Redwall book series by Brian Jacques.)

Baliss - Pygmy rattlesnake (After the other snake in the Redwall series, decendant of Asmodaeus.)

Not snakes, but...

Zeddicus (Zedd) - Bearded dragon (After Zeddicus Z'ul Zorander in The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind.)

Oliver - Bahman anole (He was an olive green color when I got him.)

Oro - Gold tree frog (Oro means gold in Spanish.)

Phoenix & Pyro - Firebelly toads (Obvious association with fire.)

Basil - Dwarf rabbit (After Basil Stag Hare in the Redwall series.)

Genevieve - Dwarf rabbit (Because she is white with blue eyes so I felt she needed a girly name.)

Repost for edit...

In order that I got them:

Toruk-(Avatar)-'09 Classic/Normal male
Tsu'Tey-(Avatar)-'08 Anery male
Sahara-(means Inca gold)-'08 Butter female
Tikaani-("wolf")- '09 Hypo Zigzag female
Maicoh-(Navaho-"wolf")- '10 Hypo male
Avalanche-(for snow & my fave hockey team)- '10 Snow male
Weasel-(I have ferrets, had to have a "weasel")-'10 Anery male
Raven-(black)-'10 Anery female
Kaia-(Scandinavian "pure")- '06? Classic/Normal female
Selene-(vampire from Underworld)- '08? Okeetee female
Kachiri-(vampire from Twilight-Amazon coven)- '08? Miami Phase female
Neytiri-(Avatar)- '09 Amel. female

This is a really awesome post!

I do not have a theme for my names..I just thought they were good ones...

Diamond-Anery Female-I thought she had the shape of diamonds on her sides when she was a hatchling..

Zoe-normal female-I just like that name.

Rose-Normal female- my niece named her because she thought she looked like a rose..:)

Bindi- Amelanistic male-named him after Steve Irwin's daughter, didn't know he was he until much later.

Kasper-Silver Queen Ghost corn-male- named him because he is a ghost corn-from the movie Casper.

Ivory-Snow corn-male- only recently found out Ivory is a boy but love the name so I'm keeping it.

Mercury-Hypo corn. Just thought it would be a good name.

I didn't realize it was an older post but since I brought it up to the forefront now, I need help naming one of the hatclings that I decided to keep from Zoe and Kasper's clutch. She is a either a very pretty anery or a charcoal I'm not sure, but she has some nice markings on her sides. Any suggestions would be awesome!

Shadow

Well, I decided on a name for the little hatcling I decided to keep. I'm naming her Shadow. She's really pretty and I love that name. Here are some updated pics of her. She hatched March 15 2012 so she is just a month old today.

Attachments

• Baby6keeping1.jpg
    Baby6keeping1.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Baby6.jpg
    Baby6.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Baby6April142012.jpg
    Baby6April142012.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 37
Grimm - male bloodred stripe
Shadow - female pewter