• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I'm stuck with what kind of morph my corn snake is...

Not all Amel Motleys are Sunglows. Yes, a Sunglow is an Amel Motley but they are bred for no white, in the pattern, and are more brightly colored than the average Amel Motley.

In general yes, however, a lot of the amel stripes and motleys have no white, but not all are sunglow. You want to see those super rich vibrant oranges and reds, not just no white to be a sunglow. And even non motley/stripe amels that have no white don't always make the sunlgow cut IMO. People are too quick to try and call line bred animals something they're not, especially with sunglow and candycane. I think it lessens what really makes these animals.

Here are two amel stripes of mine (actually one is with my brother now). Neither has any white except for belly, yet only one could be called a sunglow IMO. Notice the difference in the vibrance of colors.

attachment-1.php-1.jpg

attachment.php.jpg

In general yes, however, a lot of the amel stripes and motleys have no white, but not all are sunglow. You want to see those super rich vibrant oranges and reds, not just no white to be a sunglow.

I know what you mean. That is why I added "~and~ are more brightly colored than the ~average~ Amel Motley". Just did not use the terms rich/vibrant or red/orange... but it is good that you expanded more upon it (for others who may not know the difference).
I also agree in that there are too many that use certain terms for snakes that do not qualify ... Sunglow, Candy Cane (as you mentioned), Okeetee, Reverse Okeetee, etc., etc.

I know what you mean. That is why I added "~and~ are more brightly colored than the ~average~ Amel Motley". Just did not use the terms rich/vibrant or red/orange... but it is good that you expanded more upon it (for others who may not know the difference).
I also agree in that there are too many that use certain terms for snakes that do not qualify ... Sunglow, Candy Cane (as you mentioned), Okeetee, Reverse Okeetee, etc., etc.

I knew exactly what you meant - ;)

As you said, I was just giving more clarification, especially for people who are newer to this stuff.

It's just one of my pet peeves when people try and pass something off as something its really not (orange amels being labeled candy canes, normals being called okeetee, etc).

I have seen so many pictures of orange amel hurricanes and I think mine is an amel hurricane. Im just wondering if an amel hurricane is more costy than a normal because I bought mine as a normal.

Its a sunlog! :D

You're here for some time already I can tell :)

Off course amel motley's are more costly then normals and the sunglow version is more costy then not sunglow. But I bet the pet shop price for a normal is about the price for an amel motley bought from a breeder, so in the end you're probably good.

It's too light to be Amel Motley

I think it is Amel Cinder Motley, but would need clearer pictures and certainly of it in the light so I can see the colouring of each part of it

err yeah

although in the link below there is motley picture, the pattern is motley,

if you look at the colouration, it is very very similar, and that is why i asked for clearer pictures in normal day light

Amel Cinder

Lol! Who knew you could walk into a pet store and find a Peppermint Motley!
Wow. That would be like winning the jackpot! (And what STUPID breeder would let go of such a specimin???)

Since Carol was selling a male Peppermint possibly het motley with a female Amel het cinder motley in August for $850! (And the male would only eat live, therefore lowering his value)

Is there even a peppermint motley in existence? I've never seen pics of one. Anybody know?

And that snake on Ians viv looks nothing like the one on this post....not even close. Do a search on this site of peppermints or buttermints to see in detail what cinder does when combined with other genes. Walter Smith has a thread on here with a bunch....And they are stunning.

And that snake on Ians viv looks nothing like the one on this post....not even close. Do a search on this site of peppermints or buttermints to see in detail what cinder does when combined with other genes. Walter Smith has a thread on here with a bunch....And they are stunning.

Oh, it was Walter Smith who was thinking he had a peppermint motley. But after a few sheds, it turned out to be "just" a peppermint.

As another has stated, the snake in this thread is ~nothing~ like a Peppermint and is even completely different than the snake in the link you provided.
Bottom line is that the snake, in this thread, is ~not~ a Peppermint nor a Peppermint Motley.
It ~is~ an Amel Motley.

Back