• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Keeled's Scales 2014 Hatchling Thread

....and bringing up the rear!

Here's the rest of today's photo participants.

Amel-free! A female ultra caramel blood.
UltraCaramelBlood_zps0f1b26f0.jpg

From the pairing of cinder X amel. I used to think it was the male being het cinder, but now I think both parents are het hypo. That would explain why this snake and the few others produced have that bright 'crimson' look. If the cinder was het ultra then half the clutch should have been ultramels...and those results weren't seen last year or this year. Here's the hypo.
Hypo_zps26fadc78.jpg

Granite het strawberry stripe. I'm super stoked for the four-gene mutant I'll be trying for in a few years.
GraniteHetStrawStripe_zpsa1e645e4.jpg

Banded corn. 'Nuff said.
Banded_zps1ecd28ec.jpg

Strawberry Anery.
StrawberryAnery_zps09e4c645.jpg

Ghost blood 66% ph stripe.
GhostBlood_zpsa656a4f0.jpg

A super-bright hypo blood 66% ph stripe.
HypoBlood_zpsfc0a2fd7.jpg

Golddust bloods. I don't care that they're common now...I still love 'em.
GolddustBlood_zpsfafbb1e7.jpg

Here's your sunkissed tessera!

This male has found a new home already, and the homeowner would like to see his ugly mug. Without further adieu...here's a handsome male sunkissed tessera.

SunkissedTessera_zpsb7035b57.jpg

Here's a topaz with some really funky pigmentation within the saddles.
Topaz_zps75b3d35e.jpg

Very cool looking. I actually hatched a couple Topaz with that funky pigmentation this year too. Not quite as much, but it's there.

What was I saying about lava? Oh yeah, it's the best!

Ugly little male Lava Butter. I'm sure it won't be here for long...
LavaButter_zpse739b71c.jpg

MMMMMMMM, YUMMY :licklips: ME LIKA LAVA BUTTA !!

Lots of good looking corns Mitch.

Walter
:crazy02:BOUT' CORNS !!

Last edited:
Second clutch hatchlings

So, it's been a while since I've added to this thread, but here's a few of my second clutch hatchlings. I didn't want any of my females to double-clutch...I even went as far as holding off feeding them for a few weeks, but alas I still had almost twenty females double for me. Sadly, only six females laid fertile eggs their second time around, and I think that might be because I withheld food after their first clutches. So, next year, I'm simply going to offer as much food as possible and try to get second clutches from everyone; fertile eggs lead to fewer egg-bound females than a female carrying slugs.

Here's two ultra caramel females each het motley. I love that I have several solid lines of pseudo-golddust without the amel gene. I think ultra caramels have richer, deeper colors, and while they might not be as genetically versatile because they lack the amel gene, I do think they produce prettier snakes. Our community has used "golddust" to describe ultra/amel and ultra/ultra snakes, but I think that does a massive disservice to anyone that wants to work with these lines. I love the "golddust" name and think it's perfect for the ultra/amel snakes, but I think the ultra/ultra snakes should have their own name. I propose we use the name "gold-plate" to describe an ultra caramel, as it's genetic uniqueness should have a correspondingly unique trade name. So, without further adieu...

Gold-plate Corn Snake (ultra caramel; female) het motley 50% anery #1
UltraCaramel2_zps6bfbda99.jpg

Gold-plate Corn Snake (ultra caramel; female) het motley 50% anery #2
UltraCaramel1_zps1e98ed70.jpg

Topaz have always been one of my favorite morphs. They're finally becoming common in the marketplace, but regardless, they are super unique to me.

Topaz #1
Topaz1_zpsd32e1f81.jpg

Topaz #2
Topaz2_zps045cb665.jpg

Here's a puzzle I'd love somebody to help me solve. These two are sisters from the same clutch. I paired a male lava het amel lavender stripe to a caramel het lava stripe. The stripe gene in the female, after double-clutching, has never proven out...so I'm thinking she isn't het stripe; I'll pair her with a striped male next year. Obviously there's something going on. One female is uber-bright, while another has deep and rich reds. I hatched a male too, and he has the same deep reds as the dark female in these photos. So, what's going on here? Is this an example of redcoat? Yellow-jacket? Any and all thoughts are welcome.

Lava sisters...same genetics...but different phenotypes.
LavaSisters1_zps3657aef9.jpg

LavaSisters2_zpsdb1cc882.jpg

Back