• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Progression thread for my Lava Opal!

Happy birthday Tom! How beautiful he is. I can see he enjoys the great outdoors. Congrats on such a wonderful milestone!

Some pictures of my beauty.
Love this little turd.
His personality has blossomed so much, he's so curious and always comes out to greet me and hang out.
He's amazing <3

Attachments

• IMG_1546.JPG
    IMG_1546.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1541.JPG
    IMG_1541.JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1551.JPG
    IMG_1551.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 81
Couple more pictures from feeding time...
His colors are so subtle and beautiful.

Attachments

• IMG_1563.JPG
    IMG_1563.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1587.JPG
    IMG_1587.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 80
I am shocked at how much lava adds to opal, I would not have expected much of a difference. He's looking great!

I am shocked at how much lava adds to opal, I would not have expected much of a difference. He's looking great!

Thank you so much.
I am too.
I was looking at several pictures of normal Opals and they're beautiful- but you can definitely see the changes with the Lava aspect in there.
He just gets more amazing as he grows.

What I like most about your lava opal and my lava lavender male is the BLUE saddles. My female is more of a silvery color. I hope the males keep the interesting saddle coloration! Hope you don't mind me posting a couple of pics to demonstrate what I mean.

Male (about 80g)

Female (380g)

The male looks like a way more colorful version my boy.
I do love the blue saddles on them all, it's so unique.
The female looks gorgeous, too.
It's definitely interesting to see the similarities and the differences between the two, they look so awesome!

Wow, Mr Riddle is looking amazing! I love love love his birthday pictures!!

Thank you!
He is SO GORGEOUS!
I never imagined he would develop these colors- Originally when I spoke to Steve about him, I mentioned I wanted an all white/pink snake as an adult- He said this guy would be close... But I am really loving all his subtle coloration- I think Roylance knew I would fall in love with him even if he turned out to be mud brown as an adult lol

Photo shoot day

Today is PERFECT, it's gorgeous outside, it's cool, the sun is out- I took cranky pants out for a bit of a photo shoot.
I will never get over just how beautiful this snake is- ever. I love him to death.

His whitish areas are REALLY white in the pure sunlight, but without the sun, he has a deep purple/bluish hue to the white, and it's really hard to capture!

Attachments

• IMG_2264.JPG
    IMG_2264.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2259.JPG
    IMG_2259.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2261.JPG
    IMG_2261.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2355.JPG
    IMG_2355.JPG
    248.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2360.JPG
    IMG_2360.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 75
I have more... Oh yes, there will be more...

Attachments

• IMG_2283.JPG
    IMG_2283.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2290.JPG
    IMG_2290.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2297.JPG
    IMG_2297.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2305.JPG
    IMG_2305.JPG
    257.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2319.JPG
    IMG_2319.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 75
This very last one, you can REALLY see the peach bands and pinkish-purple hue he has. He is a stunner <3

Attachments

• IMG_2253.JPG
    IMG_2253.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2326.JPG
    IMG_2326.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2244.JPG
    IMG_2244.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2239.JPG
    IMG_2239.JPG
    213 KB · Views: 76
I'm hoping to get some outdoor pictures this year too, they just look so amazing against natural backgrounds. Great pictures as always! If you're ever in my neighborhood, please drop by with your camera! Hahaha Just kidding. He is just getting prettier and prettier, I hope he keeps those amazing pinks for a long time!

I'm hoping to get some outdoor pictures this year too, they just look so amazing against natural backgrounds. Great pictures as always! If you're ever in my neighborhood, please drop by with your camera! Hahaha Just kidding. He is just getting prettier and prettier, I hope he keeps those amazing pinks for a long time!

Lol yes, I shall be in Canada from Florida VERY soon! Hahaha!
I would gladly bring my camera for you!
I hope he keeps his pink, too. It's so beautiful on him.

Back