• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Progression thread for my Lava Opal!

Zeina

#Addicted
Today's the day!
He finally arrived, I was like a little kid running around the house waiting lol :crazy02:

This is my 2014 Lava Opal male from the wonderful Stephen Roylance.
Steve was absolutely wonderful with the whole process, from me contacting him to deciding on a snake to answering all my questions to keeping in touch to him arriving- Everything was fantastic and smooth and I couldn't be happier!

Little man came right out onto my hand, was not scared or flighty at all- My very manly boyfriend, pictured, held him and he was a cool cucumber lol.
I am so very pleased with this little baby, I am in love. He has these gorgeous little white bands you can't really see, and since he is almost the color of my skin, pale lol it's hard to photograph him on me :p All in all, I am a lucky girl because this snake is GORGEOUS.

So here are his first photos!
He's now settled into his little hide and is in a dark, warm spot in his new house.

Thank you Mr. Roylance!

Attachments

• P2241256.JPG
    P2241256.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 544
  • P2241240.JPG
    P2241240.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 548
  • P2241243.JPG
    P2241243.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 549
I wanted to share these photos taken by Steve Roylance- The first one is from his hatchling thread, the day my itty man popped out of his tiny house.
And the next couple are the more recent photos he sent me while we were working out shipping details and I was constantly bugging him with questions.

I thought these were important to have in my new baby's progression thread =)

If you couldn't guess, I am beyond excited lol

Attachments

• DSCN4703 (1).JPG
    DSCN4703 (1).JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 499
  • DSCN5235 (1).jpg
    DSCN5235 (1).jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 504
  • DSCN5236.jpg
    DSCN5236.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 502
  • DSCN5267.jpg
    DSCN5267.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 505
Thank you! He's so beautiful- and already spoiled rotten. I'm really excited to see him grow and change.

Well, you guys already know anything from Steve is going to be insanely gorgeous lol but I will make sure to put plenty of updates as he grows. This is soooo exciting for me!

He's been spotted!

After 3 days of patiently waiting- mini man has finally made his appearance.
I'm sure he's hungry, he was out cruising his viv last night, lookin' for foods.... He is even more beautiful to watch.
I can't wait to get some really good shots of him soon.

Attachments

• P2261273.JPG
    P2261273.JPG
    269.9 KB · Views: 226
  • P2261279.JPG
    P2261279.JPG
    221.2 KB · Views: 223
Just a couple more so you can see his face really well- I LOOOVVVEEE his beautiful eyes... They're kind of like that Starburst candy light pink? Pink lemonade-ish? Lol I am just so in love with him!

Attachments

• P2271287.JPG
    P2271287.JPG
    220 KB · Views: 214
  • P2271304.JPG
    P2271304.JPG
    221.2 KB · Views: 215
First feeding!

Today was little guy's first feeding with me!
He did awesome, he snatched that mouse like a champ.
So proud!

Attachments

• P2281307.JPG
    P2281307.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 206
The "You-know-who" snake has a name!

I couldn't think of anything for this guy, I didn't want to give him just any old name... So my mom and boyfriend kept calling him "He who must not be named" lol because he's been nameless since he got here :p Annnddd it ALMOST stuck- UNTIL-
I remembered the trio of stars called "Orion's Belt", also named after a hunter in Greek mythology, and it really caught my attention... I kept coming back to Killian or Orion... But for my little man, I went with the stars =)

This is little man after his first shed with me and before his first meal.
Soooo here is jumpy, wriggly, earthworm Orion!!

Attachments

• P3191670.JPG
    P3191670.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 196
  • P3191661.JPG
    P3191661.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 194
EDIT: NOT before his first meal, obviously I was caught up in the first shed moment lol this is before I fed him :p

Very pretty. Nice baby. Reminds me of Frostbite when he was a worm:)
What do Lava Opals look like when they are adults?

Back