• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Fresh dead vs f/t?

Firfly, you don't have a terribly good memory for quotes, do you. Legion said that watching his snake kill gives him a psychosexual thrill.

And I'd like to know why *we* need to grow up, but the one throwing chum just gets a "lol" from you? Biased much?

LOL.. I never told you to grow up. However your behavior doesnt differ from his except a different and more excepted point of view. Not saying your intentions are bad, or that view is wrong, just that Legion enjoys getting you riled. Secondly the lol, arguements normally die for one of two reasons lack of people to argue, or the refusal of one of the members to participate. I think David enjoys reading the arguments thus the post, and Legion jumped in seeing the oppurtunity afforded by it. It was others choice to participate in said argument, resulting in this. I doubt Legion gets a psychosexual thrill from watching his snake make a kill, although he may get one from arguments held with you and others of the forum.

Please dont read what I have posted as to be personal toward you. Your knowledge on cornsnakes I find very helpful. I just think perhaps some are to easily lured into this nonsense. There are multiple threads about this on the forum it dosnt take long to find this to be a highly heated topic. So when it comes up, it should make you wonder.

I mistook a post near one of your early ones as from you, re: maturity and for that, I apologise.

However. My behaviour is different because I a- am not instigating, b- am not being a hypocrite to make a point, c- have been consistent in all my arguments, and d- cannot show approval for the pointless suffering of an animal. I'm a vet tech. Preventing suffering is why I got into the field in the first place.

Nice that you have basically stated that Legion is a Liar. I happen to believe that myself, but do you want me to link you to the very post where he SAID he got a psychosexual thrill out of it?

I mistook a post near one of your early ones as from you, re: maturity and for that, I apologise.

However. My behaviour is different because I a- am not instigating, b- am not being a hypocrite to make a point, c- have been consistent in all my arguments, and d- cannot show approval for the pointless suffering of an animal. I'm a vet tech. Preventing suffering is why I got into the field in the first place.

Nice that you have basically stated that Legion is a Liar. I happen to believe that myself, but do you want me to link you to the very post where he SAID he got a psychosexual thrill out of it?

No, and dont worry about the mistake not a biggy. I just think most of what he has written to be melodramatic. He makes it a point to get you fired up, Legion knows how you feel as you are a very outspoken person, and he uses it. In some things he probably dosnt even dissagree with you. I want to also say that I find many post made by you and others here to very helpful. That said when you are wasteing time argueing you could be helping newbies like me! It also should be said that Legion has the right to change his mind, and the right to do as he feels best. There is no amount of argueing going to change that, and some may very well agree with it. Thats up to them to read and ask, learn and make a educated decission. He should beable to speak his mind and if you dont agree state your view and allow the person to decide. Its hard to fight when no attack is made on your person, however most these post are an attack, although provoked granted let it go.

I say breed your own!! I do and therefore, I know that prey animal was HEALTHY before culling and freezing.

Cant we all just get along...LOL figured someone wouldnt beable to resist, just face it you love the debate. Back to my small colony for feeding, so I guess the best way to start a parasite free colony or as close as one can get would be to purchase a couple of adult mice, from a trusted breeder, and have them tested by the vet. After which I could CO gas them and vaccum pack them for the freezer. That way I would have what I needed saved up and could sale the rest. On the plus side I would know exactly what they where feed for nutritional purposes, and this would be cheaper for me as breeding containers, and extra room for the project wouldnt be a problem.

Yup get a breeding pair, I didn't get my first mice tested at the vet, I just de-wormed the with panacure. I have had no problems with parasites so far!!

I say breed your own!! I do and therefore, I know that prey animal was HEALTHY before culling and freezing.

I think thats probably what I will do. What would be a good small colony, 1 male, and 2 females is kind of what I was thinking to start? Then thought, I would have them checked for parasites just to be on the safe side befor starting the breeding project.

I have heard that overindulgence of alcohol tends to erode self control and restraint.

Just sayin'.

Naaa, thats a myth, I am fairly sure but then agian Iam Irish. Thanks so much for your useful post farmgirl, really wanted someones opnion on the idea befor doing it.

I have heard that overindulgence of alcohol tends to erode self control and restraint.

Just sayin'.

preachin to the chior hun!! My dad was an uber-alcoholic, so I do know.

But Legion was asking why he hasn't been booted so that he can't post anymore, you don't want to post, don't post......easy, peasy!!

1277820394307[1].jpg

Naaa, thats a myth, I am fairly sure but then agian Iam Irish. Thanks so much for your useful post farmgirl, really wanted someones opnion on the idea befor doing it.

No problem, I love to help where I can and. my mouse colony is now 1.10 and I'm working on colony #2, I have about 42 babies between pinky and fuzzy right now!!

I'm over it by now, I asked to be banned cause I was tired of getting grilled on here but I guess we can move on now. I come in peace.

In other news, I'm putting the snake through a rigorous diet. I'm sure some of you have had snakes that got a little overweight, what weight loss programs have you tried?

I'm going with with one hopper/young adult every two weeks. Hopefully he will get slimmer over time.

"but do you want me to link you to the very post where he SAID he got a psychosexual thrill out of it?"

I was paraphrasing what Bethany had said in an earlier thread, she came up with that word. I'm very sarcastic sometimes, maybe it's hard for forum readers online to pick up on that.
It's not like I ACTUALLY get sexually aroused watching a mouse struggle, I just admire the snake's ability to kill.

Oh yes, Legion is undoubtably a liar. He said he was gone for good but he keeps coming back. I can't understand why, to tell you the truth.

I mean most of the people here tend to love ALL living things, and don't believe in causing unneccessary pain to anything, but even the ones who don't care about cruelty to the prey items feed f/t for the safety and well being of their snake.
And at this forum, the care of snakes comes first.
How can someone who puts his snake at risk every week FOR NO GOOD REASON ever expect to be accepted here?
And he really doesn't seem to care that to us his widdle feelings pale in comparison to that animal that depends on him to keep it safe and healthy.
At least his opinions are public record, and I am sure he will be placed on many DNBOST lists.

edited to add, he is also obviously a troll. Why he not banned yet I don't know. Megan pointed out earlier that his posts range from hitting mice with a hammer, being afraid to touch the mice, saying that f/t is better but having mice in the freezer is icky, and a hundred other stances. He seems to have more personalities than Sybil and pulls out whichever one he thinks will troll better.
Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even own a snake.

He reminds me alot of a former member whose name began with an L. But that one used the Bible as an excuse for the nasty things he did and I don't think he was an alcoholic. But it is hard not to find similaries, isn't it?

Back