• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Behold my corns...

LizS

Parselmouth
Here are my corns. One of each: blizzard, hypo lavender, hypo bloodred, hypo okeetee, miami, butter, silver queen ghost, amel milksnake phase x candy cane.
What other morphs would you suggest I get? :)

Attachments

• snakepile1sm.jpg
    snakepile1sm.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 503
Beautiful Corns, Liz!

Thanks a lot for showing them to us. Man, nice color combo. Maybe it could use a charcoal, or an anerythristic zig-zag?

:-/
you have all the snakes I would like to have...
the hypo lavender is a dream :)
Please post more pics!
I tried to get some from serpenco over someone else who brings them to europe but after waiting 6 month I gave it up. I know that he bought them for me but after that he must thought that it would be stupid to sell them to me;-)
Maybe I get them this year, I know someone who has lavenders het. hypo...I told him that if he will get some hypos from them he must sell them to me...and if this didn´t work, I try it next year, he also has hypo lavenders but they are to young for this year.

Liz, I love that ghost! How gorgeous...I love ghosts whose saddles slightly fade in the middle but not so much that it turns white. All the others are gorgeous as well. What a variety!

Great corns!!! I can't wait to show my daughter that pic tomorrow night when I get her again. You need something striped and/or motley and a pewter! I love the miami...welll all of them actually, but that one stands out most for me.

Now you've got me planning to build a rack and get more corns!

Individual snakes

Here's a collage of pictures of the snakes in the first picture. The sizes are not in proportion to each other. For example, the butter is the largest, the miami and silver queen are next in size and the hypo bloodred and hypo okeetee are the smallest. The difference between largest and smallest is about 5 inches. All were hatched in July/August of 01.
Top Row: Amel milksnake phase x candy cane, Hypo bloodred
2nd Row: Silver queen ghost, Miami
3rd Row: Butter, Hypo okeetee
Bottom Row: Hypo lavender, Blizzard

Attachments

• snakecollage.jpg
    snakecollage.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 485
You may have a serious corn snake addiction problem. Perhaps you should send all those beautiful snakes to me and enter a recovery program;)

Yeah, I know I'm addicted. It all started when I decided to get ONE corn, and here I am. I need a charcoal, a pewter, an amel, an amber, an aztec... I'm quite happy with my addiction, I'll keep it. The alternative is to drink, but I would only get pink elephants. I like snakes better, easier to house ;)

Lavender

The hypo lavender is really hard to photograph. It looks washed out. The snake is much more beautiful than the picture. The subtlety of his colors eludes the camera. He is this delightful silvery lavender like the shaded clouds at dusk, on a creamy golden rosy peach background like imperial topaz, and he's only 9 months old! Oh, yeah, I'm addicted!

Re: Lavender

LizS said:
He is this delightful silvery lavender like the shaded clouds at dusk, on a creamy golden rosy peach background like imperial topaz...
Wow, how poetic!
Maybe you could add a Kisatchie to your collection? Or an anerytheristic? Something dark to contrast all the beautiful light colored snake you already have.
I looooove Kisatchies (even though I've only seen like 5 different pics) and I want one so mcuh but....85 bucks at SMR plus 34 S&H is a little much for me, a mere high school student. Donations are welcome! ;):D
Ooh and I'm slightly biased on this...but I think every collection needs at least one striped or a motley. (I like stripes a little more though..:))

Last edited:
Wow! All of them are great looking! Very nice shots too. I really like the first pic where you have all of them together......If I did put all of them together for a pic.....it would take me quite a long time to separate them again and determine which are the males and which are the females....since I have 8 males and 11 females.......it would take some time.....and some are not hatchlings anymore....that means probing too....which takes even longer time compared to poping.....hahaha but I think that I too need a photo like that someday......

Anyway,
very nice pics and good photographing!

WOW WOW WOW

WOW WOW WOW ..they are lovely ...realy lovely ...i love them ..you guys have such a selection there ..i must seriously come to NY some day.

IRIS you can order them and i'll just pick them up from you ...and buy you kisachie snake for the favour ,...well if you would like to do that ....my mail is [email protected] ..mail me if you are intrested ...or my sister can come and pick it up she is a air hostess..and travels a lot to NY...i just do it virtually

Simon take the pics of the heads or somewhere the snakes must have destinct markings ...that is how i know which are male and female..i document everything..lol...but that is quite the mission with 18 snakes...:(

Liz. They are all beautiful. You must be very proud. I love the photo of them all together. It really shows the beauty of our hobby. More pictures please.

Last edited:
Well you know where to get the amel to add to the collection and if I hatch out any anerys, I'll let you know. :D ;)

I really need to do some picture taking too. It gets a bit hard with 40. Maybe when school is out, in two weeks. BTW, BEAUTIFUL butter and bliz. I hope my butters get to that color.

To take the picture I took all the snakes and put them inside a pail. I went outside on an overcast but bright day, set up a towel on a small table and tilted the bucket till the snakes slid out en masse onto the center of the towel. They stayed there very still, assessing the sudden brightness and agoraphobic environment, which gave me a full minute to take pictures with minimal wandering. Then all hell broke loose. I grabbed the snakes and put them back into the pail. A few minutes later I repeated the procedure and I got about 30 seconds to work with before having to chase them around. That was enough for all of us and back into their cages they went.

Back