• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Show off your vivarium

Oh, I love all of the flowers! I am going to be going for a very natural look, but I couldn't help picking up a few artificial flowers to bring in a little color and beauty!

Screamindemon, maybe you could use a grow light bulb? We have to have one for plants that I have in front of a window that has UV blocking screen on it. It works great for my little indoor plants!

I found the flowers at goodwill and wasn't sure about using them, but I'm glad I did it. I hope to change them up throughout the year. I'm trying to make my other snake's viv more woodsie. They are a work in progress.

Here's a couple pictures of Red's viv. Everything is pretty recognizable. The tank is an Exo-Terra medium-wide (24x18x12). The decor is also store bought, I didn't want to risk putting anything unidentifiable that could've possibly been harmful to the baby. Let me know what you think!

Attachments

• photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 374
  • photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 375
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 375
I can never get my long fake bendy vines to look as good as everyone elses... so much so that i took the daffy thing(s) out recently. Nice natural looking setup Mogey. As far as "contraband-y" goes, believe it or not those are actually marketed by Exo Terra iirc, and I don't think they intended for them to resemble a certain *weed* so much. I saw them at PetCo a couple weeks ago and was like "wtf?!?!?!"

It is amusing, for sure! Rather perfect for an enthusiast, but it is such a pretty leaf structure as it is.

I'm incorporating a lot of ivy and generic greenery as well as a few demure flower blooms, just to make it a bit girly! ;)

In a lot of the photos here it looks like people have their basking lights set directly on top of the screen / tank cover. Is it safe to do that? I've considered getting a basking light for my little guy as a secondary heating source because we have some chilly mornings and evenings, but I can't figure out the logistics of where/how to mount it to something to beam it into his tank, and if it's ok to just set it on top like that it would solve a lot of issues.

In a lot of the photos here it looks like people have their basking lights set directly on top of the screen / tank cover. Is it safe to do that? I've considered getting a basking light for my little guy as a secondary heating source because we have some chilly mornings and evenings, but I can't figure out the logistics of where/how to mount it to something to beam it into his tank, and if it's ok to just set it on top like that it would solve a lot of issues.
Most screen lids sold with/for terrariums are strengthened screen, claiming they will withstand putting things on them. I don't trust screen that much though, so when I had lights I bought in to marketing hype and got me an adjustable dome light stand like this http://www.petco.com/product/5011/Zoo-Med-Reptile-Lamp-Stand.aspx

I had similar concerns, about the light fixture resting directly on screen mesh or plastic. I was advised against it, and just to be safe I splurged for a lamp stand (mostly out of worry :x)

And thanks for the kind words! I was nervous about my setup at first, thinking the little one wouldn't utilize any of the things.

As far as the bend-a-branches, I found them a little difficult to manage if you just bend them around normally, that's why I entwined them together into two separate "wreaths", which i then laid within each other.

And as far as the allegations regarding my feau-fauna... I'm pleading the 5th on this one ;D

there is 60 cm x 40 cm x 40 cm

fy914PnK1ow.jpg

TnE-d5PwI-g.jpg

I just picked up this 20gal wide, and lid (although ugly- it's escape proof) for $30 brand new! My little R/O upgraded from her 10gal which is now donated to the local reptile rescue. I haven't got a picture of her in the viv yet, but even though it looks small, it's a perfect fit for her as she grows :)
20130527_164344_zps1fc71b36.jpg

Domino's vivarium

This is my viv it is on a stand and can be seen from both sides so I try to decorate it well.
Any suggestions on things to add/move/remove ?

Attachments

• IMG_0977.JPG
    IMG_0977.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_0975.JPG
    IMG_0975.JPG
    200.1 KB · Views: 306
Back