• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Show off your vivarium

I like that one too, the candle holders seem to work until they get too big, will have to figure out something then that will be as interesting :)

Before plants and what not lol

i love my cornsnakes :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389791403535.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389791403535.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 210
Snow's Princess Castle :)

snowscastle2_zpsd21ad992.jpg

snowscastle_zps04aadf7b.jpg

Wow! That's really cute HVani!

I just got Riddle a new tank the other day and I want to do something different than the usual "forest" theme with it, but idk what D:

Snow is my only snake on carefresh but it works great. It's very fluffy so she can burrow in it. It's very absorbent. Mostly I spot clean her viv but once every few months I do a full bedding change. I find it can trap smell after a couple months. The only down side is it gets everywhere! She drags it into the water bowl, it ends up on the floor and all over the house due to the dogs tracking it everywhere.

But it fits my theme nicely :) I'm going to take her background out and paint it sparkly lavender.

48"x24"x18" split PVC cage, with colour-changing LEDs (put in myself)!

The left side is the corn's, the right is the ball's.

1546290_10153699083515313_1491740999_n.jpg

Sydney (corn)
1549289_10153699083255313_139085162_n.jpg

Beau (ball python)... he keeps knocking everything over though.
71460_10153699083065313_981114872_n.jpg

Great picture HVani,
I see so many people with pictures of their snakes in their water dish, I have only seen my Boa drink once, I have never seen my Corn or Python drink and I have NEVER seen any of them soak....

What is the Care Fresh substrate? Is it ok for all snakes?

Carefresh is a substrate made from reclaimed wood pulp available in different colors. I've seen it in the pet stores. Looks interesting. Low dust, low odor, absorbent, and can be used with mice and rats too, so it could double as feeder substrate. It has been implicated in some small animal respiratory issues, though. (No opinion here either way.)

More info:
http://www.amazon.com/Carefresh-Natural-Premium-Bedding-Liter/dp/B000256DS6/ref=pd_sbs_petsupplies_1

I love seeing vivs! Gives me great ideas.

Carefresh is a substrate made from reclaimed wood pulp available in different colors. I've seen it in the pet stores. Looks interesting. Low dust, low odor, absorbent, and can be used with mice and rats too, so it could double as feeder substrate. It has been implicated in some small animal respiratory issues, though.

OOOOOooooo, thanks, I like that idea of using it but the thought of RI scares me. I may try to research this further

I have used carefresh, with out any issues before its nice, but I just didn't like how it went everywhere... like stated above.

I like to use it with my snakes when I first get them home as hatchlings, its nice and soft, and it comes in nersury colours, ;) lol

but I love my streaded aspen from bigger snakes, no dust, doesn't get anywhere and holds tunnels well. and I actually still have more than half a bag of that carefresh, UN-used. that's how much I disslike it.

Back