• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

DAYTONA 2010 OFFICIAL THREAD

Actually, Charlie got Lyme disease at the raffle and someone else got syphilis. And Charlie wants to know if you'll be bringing any more diseases to raffle off as he absolutely loves his Lyme disease (he has named it Mr. Fuzzies) and would love to get another.

That's right. Didn't Chris Olson get the syphilis from Nanci and then ended up giving it to his wife? Actually, I'm pretty sure of that.

I went.....

Joe, you always have the greatest links. I like Sal. typhi and Helicobacter.

This is my first post in any Daytona thread ever.

Baton Rouge to Daytona, driving = 691 miles (about 11 hours 18 mins).

Orlando to Monroe in 14 hours. Of course when I did it I was traveling with two women who had bladders the size of peanuts.

Joe, you always have the greatest links. I like Sal. typhi and Helicobacter.

This is my first post in any Daytona thread ever.

Baton Rouge to Daytona, driving = 691 miles (about 11 hours 18 mins).

Ahhh but Mobile to Daytona = 511 miles and I'm sure you'll be driving through. Maybe we could work something out? Especially if I could bribe you to bring a chocolate dobasche cake from Baum's Bakery. I worked there for a few months when we lived in Baton Rouge and I would DIE for one of those cakes!!!

Ahhh but Mobile to Daytona = 511 miles and I'm sure you'll be driving through. Maybe we could work something out? Especially if I could bribe you to bring a chocolate dobasche cake from Baum's Bakery. I worked there for a few months when we lived in Baton Rouge and I would DIE for one of those cakes!!!

I don't know what that is, but chocolate and cake in the same sentence is a winner in my book. I'll pimp Eric out for a slice...

It's only my favorite cake EVER. It's like yellow cake in thin layers separated by this chocolate custardy sort of filling, topped with buttercream icing and ganache. Yum. My birthday is in a few weeks and my husband actually offered to drive the 3.5 hours each way to get me one. Tempting.

Not the same! I got one from New Orleans a bit back, and it was awful. Going to try one from the Mobile bakery for my bday, but if I ever hear of anyone driving thru that way, I definitely start bribing! Now back to studying (finals next week!).

So I just decided I'm def going to Daytona this year AND getting a corn. Is it sad that I dont wanna read through the past 13 pages? XD

It looks like I'll be spreading syphillus again this year, and I have now come down with sleeping sickness...

So I'm looking at flights and car rentals, and wow, when did car rental get sooooo expensive?

I'm looking at a red eye that gets me to Orlando around 9am Thursday morning, and I'd be leaving on Tuesday after the show around 2pm. There is a shuttle that goes from Orlando Airport to Daytona Airport for $30. My flight comes in too early for the Snake lovers Shuttle... I will probably just end up taking a taxi to drop off my luggage at the hotel and then just check out Daytona beach for the day.

Robbie are any taxi companies that I should avoid when I call to see how much it would be to be taken from Daytona airport, to the hotel, then dropped off near the beach? Unless there is anyone who's driving that wants to hang out on Thursday...

And the second question I was wondering if there is anyone that plans to stay at the homewood suites that will be vending at Daytona. I have not made up my mind if I am going to vend or not. But if I did it would be great to know if there are any other vendors with room to ride share on Friday, Sat, and Sun. (I'd pitch in of course)

Is anyone else going to still be around on Monday?

Robbie are any taxi companies that I should avoid when I call to see how much it would be to be taken from Daytona airport, to the hotel, then dropped off near the beach? Unless there is anyone who's driving that wants to hang out on Thursday...

Actually, the Snake Lovers Shuttle times have been... shall we say... extended? :rolleyes: Silly me didn't look at the start and end date on my classes. My last day of class is going to be 08/16, and my next classes don't start until 08/30. SO, Shuttle Service will be provided on a first come, first served basis. To schedule times, send me a PM! Or an e-mail. Better yet, just give me a call. :)

As far as taxi companies go, I'd avoid anything with yellow cars. They drive like maniacs. :grin01: (Katie, I can already hear you getting ready to say something!)

Carol, if you're going to arrive Thursday, I'll plan on going Thursday, too. They let me check in early last year. Like 10:00 or so...How will you get your snakes there if you vend??

Hi Carol,

We will probably take the one bedroom suite like last year, and get a roomie to share expenses. If you want to take the living room bed and split 3 ways, that would be great! We will be asking for a non smoking room.

We will go on Thur. and leave Sun, and will be vending. We will have a minivan, so transportation to and from the expo is not a problem.

Wow you guys are so awesome!

Nanci~ I'd love to spend Thursday with you! I can take the shuttle, and you could pick me up at Daytona airport, we can check in early, and then go play! (Unless Orlando is on your way) If that doesn't work out, then maybe I could make arrangements for a Robbie shuttle. Just let me know. :)

If I did vend, I'd probably have to ask a local volunteer (or paid in snakes) to receive them on Tuesday. Either that or delta dash them to the same airport I am going to.

Kathy~ Wow that is a super offer as well. I have made casual plans to share a room with others but I will look into how solid that is. (And I'm a non-smoker) :) But I would love to pitch in and ride share to the show. I'm going to look into getting a table. Do you have to get a Florida seller's permit?

Back