• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

hybrids vs. nonhybrids

Interesting that I've read every word of your posts but you apparently haven't read mine. I don't breed hybrids, don't knowingly own hybrids, don't have any plans to breed hybrids, and therefore have no reason for changing my labeling style. Would this be further proof that YOU are lazy by not reading my posts on this subject. You didn't research the purchase of YOUR animals and YOU had an animal eaten by a hybrid. Bummer. Blame me if you'd like but there's three fingers pointing back at yourself.

Pefect choice for an example. Probably the starting point signaling the downfall of American society. Yeah, good choice. I guess the weak (and lazy) shall inherit the Earth. I refuse to feed, or condone, laziness.

D80

Funny I thought the topic was meant for all not just between me and you.

Have a Happy New Year Everyone.

I hope that I am not misunderstanding what you meant by the comment about not being able to reproduce, but this breed has been around since before the early 1900's and they have no problems reproducing on their own.

I will go into some detail concerning my comment about English Billdogs not being able to reproduce on their own.

We have several breeders of English Bulldogs that are clients, and they have contacts with many more breeders around the country. Not a single pair have been able to breed without the use of artificial insemination because the pair were literally physically incapable of doing so the natural way. And the fertility rate is extremely low. In most cases, a female can be bred every other day during her entire heat cycle, monitoring her progesterone levels daily, and she'll actually become pregnant one out of 4 cycles. Also, not a single litter was delivered without a C-section because the female literally could not deliver them naturally. Now you tell me...are they capable of reproducing on their own? I have yet to see it. Humans have manipulated that breed so far that without human intervention, they would disappear. I know that there are a few English Bulldogs out there that still can breed naturally and IMO, those are the ONLY ones that should continue to do so.

Susan, you'd perhaps feel a little differently if you had one. There's simply not a comparable breed! I come home to this every day:
vrfz3s.jpg

I'll fight tooth and nail for my right to keep this breed.

Susan, you'd perhaps feel a little differently if you had one. There's simply not a comparable breed! I come home to this every day:
vrfz3s.jpg

Sweet pup! What's it's name: Gotta be something like Bubba or Buster or Bertha or Big Betty...don't even think of telling me it's name is Lilly or Fu-Fu-fluffy-Muffy or Sir Lancelot? lol

ps) ya know they say dogs look like their owners...lol

Sweet pup! What's it's name: Gotta be something like Bubba or Buster or Bertha or Big Betty...don't even think of telling me it's name is Lilly or Fu-Fu-fluffy-Muffy or Sir Lancelot? lol

Sire Galahad (SP?) I can see, Lancelot nawww. }:>P

vrfz3s.jpg

I have no problem with English Bulldogs. I like them very much. The breeders just need to re-evaluate what they are breeding for and start turning the clock back about 50 years.

Her name is Lily. I swear. I also call her "Shortstack," because she looks remarkably like a stack of pancakes when sitting upright and viewed from the side.

Her name is Lily. I swear. I also call her "Shortstack," because she looks remarkably like a stack of pancakes when sitting upright and viewed from the side.
OK, I buy Shortstack,good name, there is no way her real name is Lily LOL not in a thousand...

vrfz3s.jpg

What a sweet face! I love them and i love the name Lily.

Here is my boxer that died of cancer last year. I loved her very much.
Samantha.jpg

I also have an American bulldog. Looks like a boxer to most folks. She and Lily are like night and day. Hard to believe they are both in the same breed group.
2s9uirr.jpg

Beautiful! People used to always get my boxer mixed up with the pit bull all the time. To me, all of the bully breeds have their own distinct look. However, I have been around them long enough to be able to tell the difference(keeping it on topic as much as possible ;) I hope to get another soon. Right now I have a german shepherd. She is beautiful, but I am still partial to the bully breeds.

My german shepherd, Raven.

Raven1.jpg

Back