• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Daddy Long Legs

My pleasure!

Gotta love the 50s. (The decade, not my age.) :crazy02:

Dale

Hah! I love this thread.

And while we're on the subject of homosexuals and arthropods...

I used to work with this gay guy who was constantly setting me up with his silly gay jokes. One day we were in the smoking area, and there was a bee crawling up the side of the building.

"That's a queen bee," he informed me.
"No it's not," I replied.
"Yes it is."
"How do you know it's a queen?," I naively asked.
"Takes one to know one," he answered! :rolleyes:

I didn't see the joke (which was hilarious and I've shared with a number of friends since it was posted) as "gay-bashing" but as a humorous example of some religions ridiculous intolerance for homosexuality (and what they teach their children). I guess everyone just views and takes things differently.

Is that John Waters in that video? What a good sport! :rofl:

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tom e again."

One HELL of a reference there, sir! :bowdown:

I used to work with this gay guy who was constantly setting me up with his silly gay jokes. One day we were in the smoking area, and there was a bee crawling up the side of the building.

"That's a queen bee," he informed me.
"No it's not," I replied.
"Yes it is."
"How do you know it's a queen?," I naively asked.
"Takes one to know one," he answered! :rolleyes:

I remember seeing Elton John on Letterman not long after he was knighted. Dave asked about it, and the first thing out of Elton's mouth was "It was an historic event; one Queen knighting another..." :p

SBC is the best, and he's completely fearless. I know it's not everyone's thing, but Borat was amazing. I love his Ali G. stuff too. The evolution/creation episode is one of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjKM...D28304BB&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=15

Agreed! His acceptance speech for an award for Borat (I can't remember which, I *think* it was the Golden Globes...) went something along the lines of, "I deserve this award, and more than you can imagine...YOU have YOUR co-star's privates in your face for thirty takes!". :grin01:

Dale

I know I said it on another thread. But I think Sacha Baron Cohen is great.
I've tried to explain his socio-cultural slap-in-the-face schtick to my mom,...but haven't succeeded yet.

He makes me realize the absurdity (yes, I know I am stating the obvious) of accepted rules/traditions of society....that are only blindly accepted because we have allowed the undereducated conservative christian right to tell us what is correct and acceptable for way! way!! way!!! too long.
I always thought the "Martin Luther King / Gloria Steinem" figure/archetype of the gay community and 'equal rights under the law movement' would be a gay person,.....but hey.....I'm not complaining. SBC is brilliant and brave.

Back