• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Corn snake enclosures

andrewx525

Hey everyone! I wanted to start a thread to show off your corns' enclosures! Here's mine, it's nothing special, just a 20L for my boy. Let's see what you've got!

11sidg2.jpg

I have the same 20 gallon long for my youngster, Cleo. Warm on the left and cool on the right. She's digesting in the rock hide right now

ZxvepwJl.jpg

30 Gal. Exo Terra with Front opening access.

I've stretched Saran Wrap over half of the top and taped up some of the vents to help hold Humidity in.

Attachments

• IMG_0825.JPG
    IMG_0825.JPG
    296.6 KB · Views: 234
I'm impressed to see Bella has saved quite a bit of coinage and keeps it near her cage. You're not making her pay for her own Mice are you?

I just bought new caging for my snakes, and hopefully they'll arrive in 7 weeks or so. 36"Lx18"Wx10"T, which is a pretty decent amount of room. I'm super excited and can't wait to get to decorate them. :D Right now everyone is in boring plastic bins.

This is my set up for Tepesh. ZooMed front opening I believe a medium. Of course nosey Tepesh peaking out from his moss pile on the right side behind the cork wall [emoji4][emoji216] love my little guy.
b7e893f4c1c3233e914c7d43bbd37293.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9a81c115ba46605644b6436a44a00e93.jpg

First set up for my new amel motley. There's a magnetic ledge behind the vines as well. Looking to get some grapevine or something else for it to climb too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Smiley.jpg
    Smiley.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 249
  • Smiley1.jpg
    Smiley1.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 240
Work in progress

vPCPTGWh.jpg

New empty viv here. I've been working on this one for about a week so far. Temps are stable, but I don't have the warm hide yet, just a little clear plastic bowl as a place holder.

I had to add a second UTH on the cool side to get the temps I need. That's just on a lamp dimmer (rheostat), the warm side has a thermostat.

I think I need some more vines and will be looking for more/better branches. It's a decent start so far.

Smiley just adores his large bark hide over the warm side UTH. A very happy King of his castle. He's an 8 year old 5'6" normal and this 40B tank seems just the right size for him to stretch out and explore. Burrowing is a recent hobby of his so we've added 6 QT. of the sphagnum moss.

Beautiful. That moss looks extra nice, too!

Whisper's Home for now

This is Whisper's current home it is 73(L)x37(D)x 36(H). Whisper is only 1 month old right now.

I am planning to buy a home the same as posted by Karl_Mcknight. The size will be 90 x 45 x 90 cm. It is the largest they have at this stage.

Now my question to the experts is. Will this new home be OK for Whisper for the rest of its life or should I buy another when it is grown out?

Yes it is still it. Have not sexed it yet.

Attachments

• Whisper's Home2.jpg
    Whisper's Home2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 130
Actually the home you have pictured above is big enough for most corn snakes. The one you are talking about getting is more than enough.

The only concern for me at the moment is that I don't see any type of Ventilation in your current set up. It looks like it's an enclosed box more or less. There should be a screen side or top or a fan of some type to provide air exchange.

Actually the home you have pictured above is big enough for most corn snakes. The one you are talking about getting is more than enough.

The only concern for me at the moment is that I don't see any type of Ventilation in your current set up. It looks like it's an enclosed box more or less. There should be a screen side or top or a fan of some type to provide air exchange.

Concern taken care of. We got a new home for Whisper AND Tequila. 1000(L) x 600(H) x 400(D) About 50% of both sides are slotted ventilation. About 80% of the top is meshed ventilation. Temperature on the warm side (Right) is 27 C and the cold side (Left) is 20 C. Unfortunately I have not bought a humidity meter yet. There is no lighting yet.

Tequila is Whisper's brother OR sister (Have not had them sexed yet). Tequila's parents does not have space for her yet. We have moved all the furniture into their new home, so the old home first needs to be decorated.
In any case I include a picture of the new home. Now most probably ANOTHER concern. Even at this age, (8 weeks) is cohabitation a problem? They used to sleep together in a hole in the rock, now however since the new home Tequila sleep in the log and Whisper in the rock.

The heating pad is under the right hand side of the viv. Any suggestions on how we can improve their living conditions would be appreciated.

Francois

Attachments

• Whispers new home1.jpg
    Whispers new home1.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Whisper's Hide1.jpg
    Whisper's Hide1.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 116
  • Tequila's Hide1.jpg
    Tequila's Hide1.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 112
Setting a better long term home for my corn right now. He's digesting as of current and will be ready to move on May 2nd.

M0zZRp6h.jpg

Not inside right now is his water dish, Hanging silk plant on the Right. and aspen. Warm side is Left, and cool side is right. I'll be putting in an inch of aspen on the left and 2-3 inches on the right. I have more cardboard boxes that I can put in to clutter a bit more. I cannot find a small reptile hammock ):

Any tips and suggestions are welcomed!

Back