• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I think I found a Homemade viv Design I like.

Yes I do believe you were too.

And it stands to point that--If it aint broke dont break it.

What did you use to attach the plexiglass to the wood frame for the doors? I have my plans all drawn out and this is the only spot im stuck on.

I predrilled holes through the plexi and then used small 5/8 inch finishing nails. make sure you drill slowly and not much pressure or else it will crack the plexy glass and then its game over for that piece of plexi.

the only thing i will say regarding lighting, LEDS are the most efficient light form there is. any other light their efficiency are not as much a most people think. a normal light bulb gives off 70.03% of its energy in heat, 1% in sound and 28.97% in light, so just remember that nearly 3/4 of the energy is lost in heat. just like to say i no this due to 4 years becoming an electrician

Ya for now I haven't put any lights in. When I do it will most likely be LED or florescent. I know at walmart they have these nice little florescent lights that you can attach inline up to 5 for $10 each so I am thinking about getting 3 and putting them in there. One in each chamber and put them inline on a timer. I might do that next week actually.

Back