• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I think I found a Homemade viv Design I like.

Well, Im waiting on the door to dry (paint) but this is where I am atm..

001-14.jpg

002-13.jpg

here are the hinges and latches im going to use.

003-12.jpg

The glass is just sitting in there atm but what I plan on doing is putting the UTH Under the glass, then silicone the glass down.

005-13.jpg

Well, :D I am soooooooooo close to being done. The only thing that is left to do is to put in the heat pads and seal down the glass which Im going to use hot glue because the UTHs wont get hot enough to liquify the glue and later when I get Heat tape I can put in exact same size heat tape and run a thermostat to keep both chambers at the same temps (or close to it). The BP will end up in the top one since they seem to like slightly higher temps. If you notice on the back of the top chamber there is a piece of plexi covering a good part of the plexi for the top chamber, that is to keep the humidity at a decent level but at the same time allow air to circulate.

Any way, here are the pictures :D

011-9.jpg

001-15.jpg

005-14.jpg

In this picture the plexi is in, but it didnt show up in the picture well haha.
004-13.jpg

016-12.jpg

015-11.jpg

018-5.jpg

014-12.jpg

And then Here is one of the tools I used haha.
002-14.jpg

So most likely not tomarrow but the next day I will switch over the UTHs and the snakes will be put in there on that day. :D

Let me know what you think.

O and by the way, the door seals great right at the second shelf so the BP should not be able to get in with the corn or the corn in with the bp.....just thought I would mention that cause its kind of hard to tell in the pictures.

That would not be good...
It's looking really good when the snakes go in grab a few pictures of them exploring.:D

Well here it is all done :D

006-18.jpg

001-16.jpg

The BP hanging out, she seems to like it better then Seth.

012-11.jpg

And then seth trying to be sly.

010-9.jpg

This part isnt done yet, but workable for now.

007-15.jpg

I still plan on eventually putting in Flex watt tape in and running a thermostat, but that will be a few weeks.

Eventually the bottom compartment will be turned into a viv section also, but I wanted to get this done so I could get these two in here. The bottom left compartment is the "electrical room" haha. When I get a thermostat It will be set up inside there, for now I have the dimmer switches just sitting in there.

Oh okay Cool.

P.S.Sorry about the double post

No problem, since those pics were taken I went ahead and mounted some regular thermometers just so I can also tell what the ambient temps were and I put in a Humid hide in each one. Seth is shedding so He needed his but Jess (the BP) wont go in heres at all lol, im thinking about just taking it out for now until she goes into shed.

No problem, since those pics were taken I went ahead and mounted some regular thermometers just so I can also tell what the ambient temps were and I put in a Humid hide in each one. Seth is shedding so He needed his but Jess (the BP) wont go in heres at all lol, im thinking about just taking it out for now until she goes into shed.

Oh nice.I love how it really looks like one you would get from showcase cages but it is personalized and cheaper.

Back