• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What is the dumbest thing you have ever heard?

I am a glorified stock boy at a grocery store...we all wear these hideous grey/brownish striped shirts and big blue name tags. At least 3 times a day, while I am stocking shelves on the sales floor, I will have a costumer that comes up and says "oh I'm sorry, do you work here?" and I just want to say "no, I saw this cart of tampons sitting here so I figured I would help out!".

My dad is the manager of a retail store that gets (legal) seasonal help from foreigners. This one kid from Brazil, I think his name was Alex, kept getting in trouble because he refused to help costumers. When costumers would ask him where something was located he would say "I no work here" or "sorry no english" when he obviously worked there and spoke nearly perfect english. Needless to say, he didn't last long with the company...

More to add~
These are new from the Stupidity & Neglegence collection. Enjoy!

"I used to use bleach water to treat my snakes for parasites, and it didn't hurt them at all."
"If your snake is going to bite you, you can just tape over his mouth and eyes."
"My python just has run of the house. I made cloth diapers for him and everything."
"My snake doesn't poop alot so I just squeeze him until he does."
"Some people actually breed specifically for kinky tails. They're stylish."
"Boiled eggs are rich in nutrients and my kingsnakes love them."
"It's hot here but I wanted to brumate my males so they're in the fridge."
"My snake dug in my potted plant and I watered it so he'd get scared and come out and now the dirt isn't moving anymore." - "You're going to need to dig for him." - "I don't want to rip up any of the roots though."
"My snake escaped from his bucket!!!" (Yes. This is exactly what it sounds like.)

Now, all of those were either messages or emails sent to me or posts I've encountered which you aren't to assume belong to anyone, because I'll never tell! ;)

Now, all of those were either messages or emails sent to me or posts I've encountered which you aren't to assume belong to anyone, because I'll never tell! ;)

Adam, who the heck have you been talking to?? These people are retarded!!
You need to find smarter friends lol

I am a glorified stock boy at a grocery store...we all wear these hideous grey/brownish striped shirts and big blue name tags. At least 3 times a day, while I am stocking shelves on the sales floor, I will have a costumer that comes up and says "oh I'm sorry, do you work here?" and I just want to say "no, I saw this cart of tampons sitting here so I figured I would help out!".

I used to work at wal mart. One time when i was shopping at another wal mart...in a completely different state...not working at that time....some lady comes up and asks me where such and such is located and if they have any more of such and such in stock. What!? do I have some sort of sign on my forehead.

Just wanted to say that there are some people who have their fridge set up specifically for brumating.

I agree, this is true. There are many who do this.

Heck I know a guy right now brumating his Rubber boas in his fridge. Funny part about them is they are still cruising around in it.

Here is what Adam was refering too when he was talking about the bleach thing.. Both sides need to be seen instead of one trying to look like he is above everyone else.. The line comes from what a very well weathered breeder mentioned that they used to do many, many years back because they didn't know any better..

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78206

I think before people consider jumping on board that the bleach thing was indeed some very stupid things he heard, I suggest a reading of the above posted thread for clarification ..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Here is what Adam was refering too when he was talking about the bleach thing.. Both sides need to be seen instead of one trying to look like he is above everyone else.. The line comes from what a very well weathered breeder mentioned that they used to do many, many years back because they didn't know any better..

I think before people consider jumping on board that the bleach thing was indeed some very stupid things he heard, I suggest a reading of the above posted thread for clarification ..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

That cleared up a lot by reading that post. Its kinda like how my grandpa used to play with mercury back when.. lol. Didnt know any better, now we do.

I used to work at wal mart. One time when i was shopping at another wal mart...in a completely different state...not working at that time....some lady comes up and asks me where such and such is located and if they have any more of such and such in stock. What!? do I have some sort of sign on my forehead.

Yes. You do.

Same as I apparently have a sign on my head (regardless of what clothes I am wearing or what I look like) that says I work at PC World.

Now, I have never worked at PC World.
I only very rarely visit PC World.

But I inevitably get asked where such and such is, or what I would recommend for their aging 486....

Odd snake questions (I won't call them stupid, because they're asked in ignorance, not deliberate stupidity) I have been asked are:

"Do they lay eggs out their mouth?" (She'd seen video of egg-eaters spitting out the eggshells, so the question is actually a pretty logical one!)
"Where do they poop?" ("In their carrying cage right there, actually... let me get a tissue to clean that up!")
"Why does that poop stink?" ("If you ate whole mice, yours would too.")
"Do they eat leaves?" (To be fair we'd been talking about skinks, which do - so asking if a snake does is a pretty good question.)
"Can I take that one home with me?" (No, kiddo, they're MY pets!)

Regards.. Tim of T and J

:rofl:
Just... Rofl.

I don't consider Adam an enemy or friend so I am kind of impartial here, I am not participating in the DYK hugs and love fest because as I am not as demonstrative as some of you other members here so frankly it makes me throw up in my mouth a little to read posts like "I luffs you lots" and so on.
My concern is that he is trying to take the words of a well respected and very experienced breeder and ridicule them. As in some of the advice he gave in "feeder section" when he first started posting, I called him out on some of those posts and so did Wade (and that is where the "Wayne" came from IIRC - miss you Wayne!!) well when you don't know what you are talking about sometimes it is a good thing to be quiet and listen to those who know more. How did Jay so eloquently put it? Sit down, shut up, and listen or something like that?
Nothing wrong with experimenting with "unconventional" methods, but to shoot down others and put forth your own methods as the only right way to do something is rather arrogant. Especially coming from somebody who has not been on the scene for very long.

I'll stand by my friends _when_ they deserve it. Apparently, some things have been going on that I was not aware of which my post above prompted someone to call to my attention. I am investigating further.

Jen, I can't rep you again, but I would if I could.

Adam, there are a few things you need to learn about this place....the people are loyal to each other. You were given second, third and more chances not only by the mods, but also by the members themselves. You've got a lot of people believing that a leopard can change his spots, but you're also proving that it's not truly the case.

You've hurt one person here tremendously with your lies. So much, in fact that this member is actually embarrassed when he comes here. Then there are the chat logs that show that you've been stirring the muck about loooong standing members here with even more blatant lies. Son, karma hurts. Trust me on that one.

Back